PCH temperature is gone (Asus Rampage IV Black Edition)

namuk

On ‎2017‎. ‎12‎. ‎02‎. at 9:35 PM, namuk said:

asus x79 black editon

PCH with a chip icon, pretty sure it did not have Diode at end.

they normally disappear on an update but normally its just re ticking the box or rescan, but its just not there any more,only the Mb temp. 

Go to AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and enable both the following options:

Embedded Controller (EC) support
Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching

After altering those options, make sure to restart AIDA64 to apply the changes.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, namuk said:

nice one Fiery all working in alpha display now, why the change? i never needed todo that before.

oh forgot only needed to enable 

Embedded Controller (EC) bank switching

On your particular motherboard we've already used EC bank switching (before AIDA64 v5.95), but it wasn't safe to do it by default, without any precautions.  That's why we've implemented the new EC bank switching option, and made it disabled by default.  While EC bank switching is enabled, and you have AI Suite running in the background, things could well go south when AI Suite and AIDA64 collides due to non-synchronized bank switching activity.  Of course it would be a whole lot easier if Asus made AI Suite work together with 3rd party monitoring applications, but it doesn't seem to happen anytime soon :(

• Like 1

On 07/12/2017 at 6:16 PM, Fiery said:

On your particular motherboard we've already used EC bank switching (before AIDA64 v5.95), but it wasn't safe to do it by default, without any precautions.  That's why we've implemented the new EC bank switching option, and made it disabled by default.  While EC bank switching is enabled, and you have AI Suite running in the background, things could well go south when AI Suite and AIDA64 collides due to non-synchronized bank switching activity.  Of course it would be a whole lot easier if Asus made AI Suite work together with 3rd party monitoring applications, but it doesn't seem to happen anytime soon :(

not run AI Suite for years, well i tried it again when i got the mb a while ago and it was still flaky,unoptimised  as per usual, so getting it to work together will never happen as asus cant even polish AI Suite.

so the my little review of AI Suite = crap  lol

oh would be nice to monitor the second fan on the evga FTW2 icx gpu i have, unless its in the pipeline.

On ‎2017‎. ‎12‎. ‎08‎. at 10:52 PM, namuk said:

oh would be nice to monitor the second fan on the evga FTW2 icx gpu i have, unless its in the pipeline.

It should work with the latest AIDA64 beta build of 4510.  If not, please post a nVIDIA SMBus Dump, and we'll check it out.