External HDMI display startup

Aberrix

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere I’ve done some searching but can’t seem to find a whole lot of info on aida64 and external displays.

I’d love to setup a small desktop 5” hdmi display with all my monitoring stats. The question I have is will it auto startup for me upon boot up or coming out of sleep and be all automagic? Or will I need to move windows around a futz with it since it’s basically an app on a 2nd display screen? (Or do I have this concept wrong?) I know there is also a pdf of displays that are compatible but could someone help me with the “easy button” here and just link me to what everyone is using that’s easy? Thanks so much I’m advance!

HDMI, DSub, DVI and DisplayPort connected displays are handled as regular monitors by Windows, so you can use the SensorPanel module of AIDA64 to display sensor readings on your secondary monitor.  If the display is always connected, the SensorPanel window will be placed at the right monitor at the right coordinates once you start AIDA64.  Of course you can make AIDA64 launch automatically at Windows startup by enabling the option AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / General / Load AIDA64 at Windows startup

As for configuring your SensorPanel layout, make sure to check this guide:

https://www.aida64.co.uk/knowledge-base/how-create-fully-customized-sensorpanel-aida64

On ‎2017‎. ‎12‎. ‎02‎. at 6:23 PM, Aberrix said:

And just to confirm the external display function is only available on HDMI, DSub, DVI and DisplayPort displays? There isn’t something “better” I should be looking for?

The AIDA64 external LCD display module is for USB and serial port connected displays.  The AIDA64 SensorPanel module is not designed for external displays specifically, but for Windows Desktop monitoring.  But since HDMI, DSub, DVI and DisplayPort displays all extend the Windows Desktop to a certain degree, you can use SensorPanel on all of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased Aida64 for the sole purpose of using it on my 5"HDMI LCD screen   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZXUTXCS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

because the CAM software from NZXT isnt re-sizable to fit the 800x480 display where Aida64 is totally made to customize. I am just learning to design right now but will post some cool system monitor displays for 800 x 480 screens soon...........BTW I will be mounting my 5" display in my case side panel too.