AIDA64 freezes after starting system memory stability test (Asus Rampage V Edition 10 + i7-6900K)

Oldmanbythesea

Hi there I’ve got a peculiar issue that I am unsure if it is system or program related. Am using latest stable release. When running all other tests are fine. Would appreciate any help

But the moment I start the systems memory test it’ll rise to 100% and hang after 2-3s. No oc on ram. Running on xmp setting. Ram is g.skill trident z rgb 64gb (8x8) 3200

system:

6900k OC at 4.5/4.4

cache OC at 35

asus rampage v edition 10

ram as above 

evga classified 1080ti sli

evga 1600w psu

samsung 960 Pro 1TB

samsung 950 Pro 512gb

It takes quite some time for Windows to allocate almost 64 GB of memory when AIDA64 starts to "eat it up" in order to allocate its memory buffers for the memory stress test.  During the time Windows is processing the memory allocation, AIDA64 may stop responding momentarily.  Try to wait 10 to 20 seconds and see if AIDA64 gets back to responding again.

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, bcavnaugh said:

Thank for the time note about how long it takes to setup 64 GB I was seeing the same issue on my X299 Dark aida_bench64.dll file.

The time it takes for AIDA64 to allocate the RAM also depends on how fragmented the system memory currently is.  So it's not possible to give a concrete number on that.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:10 AM, Fiery said:

The time it takes for AIDA64 to allocate the RAM also depends on how fragmented the system memory currently is.  So it's not possible to give a concrete number on that.

I waited for over 30 Minutes and never came up, But that is ok for now as it is a Beta Version and worth it for the new Remove Sensor you all have added.:D