Stress Test AVX512

Hardly I press Start for stress, the PC freezes or BSOD even without the FPU test (no AVX I guess) or just the test Memory and Cache
No problem with the last beta

Why, OC unstable ?
Apart from adding the AVX512, there are also other things ?

On ‎2018‎. ‎03‎. ‎31‎. at 6:22 PM, tistou77 said:

Hardly I press Start for stress, the PC freezes or BSOD even without the FPU test (no AVX I guess) or just the test Memory and Cache
No problem with the last beta

Why, OC unstable ?
Apart from adding the AVX512, there are also other things ?

In AIDA64 v5.97 we've implemented AVX-512 optimizations in the FPU, Cache and RAM subtests of the AIDA64 System Stability Test.  So all those subtests now may be a bit smarter to reveal a stability issue either related to a hardware failure or an excessive overclock.

7 minutes ago, Fiery said:

In AIDA64 v5.97 we've implemented AVX-512 optimizations in the FPU, Cache and RAM subtests of the AIDA64 System Stability Test.  So all those subtests now may be a bit smarter to reveal a stability issue either related to a hardware failure or an excessive overclock.

Ok, all the "tests" have been modified with the AVX512
It's not possible to test without AVX

7 minutes ago, tistou77 said:

Ok, all the "tests" have been modified with the AVX512
It's not possible to test without AVX

It wouldn't make much sense to avoid using AVX-512 just because without it your CPU *seems* to be stable ;) 

14 minutes ago, Fiery said:

It wouldn't make much sense to avoid using AVX-512 just because without it your CPU *seems* to be stable ;) 

My CPU is @ 4600, AVX2 @ 4200 and the AVX512 @ 3600
And I wanted to be able to test the CPU @ 4600 (without AVX so) and the rest of the configuration
But it's true that I do not care a bit about the AVX512, no application I know uses this instruction :) 

But I'm waiting for this application to be "modified" (for the memory among others) before reusing it
It's really annoying that lag time until 1mn, I never know if it's a freeze of the OC or if it's the Stresstest that froze
 :) 

On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎04‎. at 9:41 PM, tistou77 said:

My CPU is @ 4600, AVX2 @ 4200 and the AVX512 @ 3600
And I wanted to be able to test the CPU @ 4600 (without AVX so) and the rest of the configuration
But it's true that I do not care a bit about the AVX512, no application I know uses this instruction :) 

But I'm waiting for this application to be "modified" (for the memory among others) before reusing it
It's really annoying that lag time until 1mn, I never know if it's a freeze of the OC or if it's the Stresstest that froze
 :) 

You've got valid points about both issues.  The problem is that none of those seem to be something that could be solved with an easy or quick patch :(   We're discussing these issues internally and will try to come up with a proper solution or an acceptable workaround soon.

10 hours ago, Fiery said:

You've got valid points about both issues.  The problem is that none of those seem to be something that could be solved with an easy or quick patch :(   We're discussing these issues internally and will try to come up with a proper solution or an acceptable workaround soon.

Ok thanks ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎07‎. at 10:34 PM, tistou77 said:

Ok thanks ;)

In the latest AIDA64 beta build we've added 2 new options to the AIDA64 System Stability Test Preferences / General page, to let you disable AVX and AVX-512 stress testing.

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.  Please note that right now disabling AVX-512 will make AIDA64 stop using AVX as well, since we haven't defined any AVX stesst testing codepaths for AVX-512 capable processors yet.  We'll fix that soon.

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

In the latest AIDA64 beta build we've added 2 new options to the AIDA64 System Stability Test Preferences / General page, to let you disable AVX and AVX-512 stress testing.

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.  Please note that right now disabling AVX-512 will make AIDA64 stop using AVX as well, since we haven't defined any AVX stesst testing codepaths for AVX-512 capable processors yet.  We'll fix that soon.

Okay, I'm testing this tonight or tomorrow morning
If I disable AVX512, it disables "all" AVX, is it ?

Thanks for your great work :)

12 hours ago, tistou77 said:

Ok, thanks ;)

tested with and without AVX, it works very well

Awesome, thank you!  We'll update the stress test module in the next AIDA64 beta in order to provide AVX stress test on AVX-512 capable processors when you disable the use of AVX-512.

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

Awesome, thank you!  We'll update the stress test module in the next AIDA64 beta in order to provide AVX stress test on AVX-512 capable processors when you disable the use of AVX-512.

Ok thanks
I can only test in AVX2 (without AVX512)