SSD temperature correction?

Arctucas

@Fiery,

I am not sure you will be able to help me, but I have to ask;

I have A-Data S599 SSDs and the latest firmware fixed some issues but, unfortunately, broke the temperature reporting.

The temperature reported is twice the actual temperature, and, although it has no actual effect on anything, it is annoying.

So, my question is, is there any way to modify AIDA64 to cut the temperature being reported in half, so that the actual temperature is displayed?

I only ask because A-Data, disappointingly, is apparently not interested in fixing the issue, as I have found from repeatedly emailing them.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

We've implemented temperature, fan speed and voltage correction in the following new beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1481xz1wg0rpkvzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

You can configure the sensor correction feature in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Correction. Please note that this feature is not meant to be used to correct such situations when the wrong voltage rail is assigned for e.g. +5V or +12V readings. In such case adjusting the hardware monitoring module of AIDA64 is still necessary. The correction feature is meant to be used for slight corrections only, e.g. when the temperature diode of a HDD or SSD is slightly off, or when e.g. +0.05V offset has to be added to the Vcore voltage reading.

Let me know how it works.

We've implemented temperature, fan speed and voltage correction in the following new beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1481xz1wg0rpkvzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

You can configure the sensor correction feature in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Correction. Please note that this feature is not meant to be used to correct such situations when the wrong voltage rail is assigned for e.g. +5V or +12V readings. In such case adjusting the hardware monitoring module of AIDA64 is still necessary. The correction feature is meant to be used for slight corrections only, e.g. when the temperature diode of a HDD or SSD is slightly off, or when e.g. +0.05V offset has to be added to the Vcore voltage reading.

Let me know how it works.

I used a .5 ratio (one-half of the reported value) and it appears to be working well.

Thanks for the fix.