AIDA64 Discussion Forum

Hey there,

I recently purchased asus vivobook s15 s510un it comes with i7 8550u, 8gb ddr4 ram, 1tb hdd and mx150.

It runs so slow because of hdd so i purchased a m.2 ssd and a 8gb ram stick, I know a guy who works in asus i called him and he upgraded my laptop, then I remember that stock thermals are not so impressive, so I said him to change my thermal paste with arctic mx4, so this guy wiped my old thermal paste just once actually he doesn't did a good job in wiping thermal and he applied mx4 in too much quantity from that time if i game(hitman or csgo) it reaches 99 celsius(it's not like it reaches at 99 and then it drops, continuous on 99 celsius during gaming and stress test) so I decided to run aida64 test and the test shows me overheating and cpu throttling(42%).

So, If I will change my thermal paste again, this time with good wiping and apply mx4 in good quantity, then what you guy think will my laptop's overheating solve after that ?

Note: When I did stress test in aida64 before changing thermal paste everything was working good no overheating and throttling.

Here is a screenshots 

Aida64 Test Results.png

You may be able to improve on that, but please keep in mind that not all mobile computers can work without throttling under heavy stress, especially slim cased notebooks (a.k.a. ultrabooks).

On ‎2018‎. ‎05‎. ‎09‎. at 10:40 AM, KushRajput said:

I had tested aida64 before changing thermal paste and the stress test was good, there was no overheating and throttling.

It means whatever you've done to your system made things worse ;) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ojustaboo
      Hi
      A few odd things. I've recently added cheap water cooling to my PC.
      It might be a misunderstanding  (or reconfiguration) on my pat. 
      1) Sometimes when I start the PC and AIDA64  auto starts, it only shows the 3 white fan options as shown in the bottom of pic "Turn on PC".
      If I close AIDA64 and restart it, or reboot, it comes up with the 5 fans it should have (see bottom of pic "Restarted"), 
      2) very occasionally it starts correctly by showing the 5 fan options, but will say both the GPU Rad fan and the Temp Side Fan are 0 RPM even though they are spinning (sorry haven't got a pic for this)
      Note, Power supply fan should be 0 RPM as it's a quite PS that only starts the fan if needed
      3) With my CPU watercooler, I installed Corsairs iCUE fan control software (I presume this is needed to control the fans?).  That software shows completely different CPU temps to yours. When running your Stress Test, (all in C)
      After 40 seconds, yours says 39 , iCUE says 33.7
      After 2 mins, yours says 40  iCUE says 34.3
      After 3 mins yours says 40  iCUE says 34.8
      After 4 mins yours says 41, iCUE says 35.1
      After 6 mins yours says 41, iQUE says 35.6
      After 11 mins yours says 42 iQUE says 36.1
      Pics of the above attached.  I left it running for a while longer, but the temp stayed fluctuating  between  41/42.
      Then after I'd stopped your stress test for a couple of mins or so your s/w says 29, iQUE says 34.6

Turned on PC

Restarted PC

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 40 secs

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 2 mins

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 3 mins

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 4 mins

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 6 mins

AIDA64 CPU Stress test after 11 mins

Stress test stopped for a couple of mins or so

System Spec:
      Asus Vulcan Pro ROG Headset
      Corsair Neutron GTX SSD 240GB (C drive, System)
      Samsung 500GB EVO SSD  (D drive, Games)
      SanDisk SSD Plus 480GB (E drive, Steam Library) 
      Samsung 500GB EVO SSD  (F drive , Music S/W)
      Samsung 500GB EVO SSD  (G, H, I drive,  Docs, More Programs, Email)
      Toshiba HDwe140 4TB  (External enclosure, only plugged in to do backups) 

XFX RADEON RX480 Black Edition OC
      Utech MMO Gaming Mouse 
      Logitech G510 Keyboard
      Razer Orbweaver Chrome
      Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 Audio interface
      Dell U2713HM monitor running at 2560 x 1440
      BenQ GW2470 runing at 1920 x 1080
      Intel Core i7 3820 a2011  3600 MHz
      Asus P9X79 Socket 2011 ATX Motherboard
      32GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 RAM
      Win 10 Pro

Corsair 750 Watt HX750i Fully Modular ATX PSU/Power Supply
      Corsair Hydro H55 on GPU
      Corsair Hydro H100 v2 on CPU
      NTZX H440 Mid ATX PC case

• By Deckard
      Hello,
      I've moved this to a separate thread.
      Ive rolled back to 4900 and the sensor page is now blank, the process is stuck detecting and end task process does not work as I get "access denied" this is persistent in removal and re-install of AIDA 64 ex

can you tell me if all check boxes ticked in the stability page for the following, which one 
      ASUS WMI
      ACPI ACCESS
      ASUS ROG

Thanks again for the help
    • By Deckard
      Hi,
      All of the system fans are no longer appearing in the sensor page Using AIDA64 extreme 5.99.4944 Beta
      RAD 1 header
      RAD 2 Header
      Chassis fan
      I cannot remember when it happend,  just noticed another post and I checked mine. same problem

• By sirlock
      Hi All, 
      Firstly I love AIDA64. It is so feature rich I can't believe I used anything else for so long! I spent 5 hours yesterday fine tuning my LCD panel display on my Android Tablet!
      I am running a Threadripper System with a ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 TR4 Motherboard. 98% of the sensors are there there, there are just a few missing. For the Fans the latest AIDA Beta shows CPU and CPU OPT and CHA Fan 2. What is missing is CHA FAN 1, H_AMP_FAN, W_PUMP+ and the 3 CHA FANS on the extension board that Plugs into the EXT_FAN header.
      As I am running a TR system that runs warm it important to be able to monitor the H_AMP_FAN and W_PUMP+ connectors as that will tell me if my Liquid Cooler is operating properly. 
      Let me know if I can provide any other info or testing to help.
      Regards,
      Lachlan.
    • By Brynhildr Arai
      I am using the latest AIDA64 Engineer 5.99.4900.
      My motherboard model is ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS,the sensor type is shown as Nuvoton NCT6779D/5535D (ISA 290h),this is correct, but the fan speed cannot be read and the motherboard temperature and CPU temperature display errors(In the BIOS, the temperature is correct and the fan speed is displayed normally).
      Specific as shown.