AIDA64 Discussion Forum
ieuan01

FPU Hardware Fail (Asus B350 + Ryzen 5 1400)

I was running a stress test on a my new Pc and within 2 mins of the test I get a hardware failure message. I've discovered that the test fails on the FPU stress test i'm kind of stuck on how to fix the issue 

Components 

RYZEN 5 1400 (OC 3.7ghz)

ASUS B350I MOTHERBOARD

CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB 3000MHZ 

EVGA 1080TI FTW3

9 hours ago, ieuan01 said:

I was running a stress test on a my new Pc and within 2 mins of the test I get a hardware failure message. I've discovered that the test fails on the FPU stress test i'm kind of stuck on how to fix the issue 

Components 

RYZEN 5 1400 (OC 3.7ghz)

ASUS B350I MOTHERBOARD

CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB 3000MHZ 

EVGA 1080TI FTW3

Try to lower the DRAM frequency slightly.  It may just help to stabilize your system.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By supertweaker
      Long time licensed owner of Aida64 Extreme. Current version: AIDA64 v6.10.5200. Benchmark Module 4.5.811-x64 (recently upgraded)
      Hello everyone. I am new here and this is my first post.  I am a senior citizen (tech-head like most of you) and wanted to share an interesting experience that happened to me today as I was experimenting with OCing my i7 8700k after upgrading from a SATA III Samsung SSD 860 EVO to an M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD.
      Let's start off the Aida64 FPU Stress Test.  This test is for extreme overclockers who use full water cooled systems or use liquid nitrogen to acheive incredibly high CPU overclocks.  For fun and knowing my system would crash, I tested my new OC of the CPU at 5Ghz per core.  About 10 seconds into the FPU stress test the CPU overheated and the system crashed - as expected.
      Now to real life Stability Testing.   My CPU is nicely cooled with a Noctua D15 CPU Cooler. A giant of an air cooler.  My normal, very stable overclock runs at 4.8Ghz.  Never overheating during any stress test or demanding PC Video Gaming and Video Production.
      Now here's the surprising experience I had today.  After migrating my Primary drive with W10 OS and all installed programs from the Sata III 870 SSD to the M.2 970 SSD I decided to go into the UEFI BIOS and simply set the multipliers from 48 to 50.  I ran all stress test (excluding FPU) and amazingly I was stable at 5Ghz!  I can only attribute this to the new speed of the M.2 SSD.  There is nothing new in my system, BIOS was updated to the latest version two months ago and all things you see below in these screenshot are what I purchased when I built this Desktop PC in 2018-2019.
      I am curious if anyone with a similar build has tried overclocking their particular CPU after installing an M.2 SSD and found the would increase their CPU performance to a higher GHz and keep it stable.
      I endorse Aida64 for all my benchmarking needs. I enjoy building a new Desktop PC every five years and have done so for 15 years. That's three new builds using Aida64 Extreme as my Stress Tester and Benchmarker.
      NOTE:  Cinebench R20 crashed my system at 5Ghz.  I lowered the multiplier to 49 and ran it again.  It did not crash the system.
      Idle System in the screenies below:  (gaming or heavy loads show average of 55 to 68 Celsius)

• By ndsspex
      Hi, I've met a issue with the FPU stress test, the system would crash instantly when I click the "Start" buttom
      it was ok to run a solo CPU stress test over 2 hour, but I just dont understand why it went wrong when conducting the FPU test. Any Ideas?
      many thanks!
      I've attached a AIDA64 report of my mobo

my build 
      CPU:7940x (1.15volt, OC 4.5ghz)
      MOBO:R6A
      RAM:Gskill 8G*4 4266mhz c17 (I set the frequency at 2133)
      PSU:AX1500i
      Report.txt
    • By MFSAKA
      Recently I bought Presonus Firestudio 26x26 for my music studio
      its not new IEEE 1394 firewire audiointerface....and its kill my nervs!
      Few days its droppin out my sound (DAW, browser, AIMP etc.)
      Its NOT Legacy IEEE 1394 bugg - i try install thise old drivers - its not fix the issue.
      And accidentally i find out - IT AUDAS SENSORS PANEL IN DOCK make thosse glitches!
      I use portable version
      Try to install it regular.
      Sh*t's start buggin again!!!!
      I start system with out aida......take a half hours with out dropouts of sound - and first second when i run Aida - that crap start's again!
      Please fix the issue wuth Aida64 sensors buggin Presonus Firestudio 26x26 (Firewire 1394...maybe other hardware....PCI-e Card by Texas Instrument - confirmed by Presonus - its good) 

• By Fahrenheit
      Hi, I've seen the list of supported external LCD manufacturers at the bottom of the External Displays page.  However is there a device matrix that shows manufacturer, model, dimensions, interface, etc. of supported devices?  I've been searching each of the manufacturers manually, but am having a hard time finding a display that will meet my needs.
      I'd like to mod an LCD\OLED display on the front of my Corsair Air 240 case, to display AIDA64 stats.  However it's a Mini-ITX and only has room for a 3.5"x 2" display, or a 3"x3" display:

I'd like to stick to a USB display for ease.  Having a matrix of supported external devices would help narrow the list down. 
      Also, I see that Adafruit displays are supported; is that a specific device or all?  Curious if this device works: https://www.adafruit.com/product/3315
      Thanks!

• By willdelarosa
      Hello my friends!   I configured aida64' OSD to show the information I want, as shown below:       I also configured aida64 to allow RivaTuner to take the data and display it inside the games. But, the problem is RivaTuner uses it's name / label. Is it possible to configure aida or Riva to display as the aida shows?       Thank you so much!