Build 1469 beta I/O error 53 when Enable Logitech keyboard support is checked

pbcopter

AIDA64 Extreme 1.80 build 1469 beta shows error when Enable Logitech keyboard support is checked in perferences.

In fact, nothing happens for a few seconds when I try to check the box, then I get I/O error 53.

These two errors are logged in the event viewer.

Faulting application name: aida64.exe, version: 1.80.1469.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7ba58

Exception code: 0xc0000025

Fault offset: 0x00090788

Faulting process id: 0xef4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc3b58a8d7170a

Faulting application path: G:\Programs\aida64extreme_build_1469_s2elk8yzgn\aida64.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: f0754f79-a74b-11e0-a5c5-001fd09a6b5e

Faulting application name: aida64.exe, version: 1.80.1469.0, time stamp: 0x2a425e19

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7bafa

Exception code: 0x0eedfade

Fault offset: 0x0000b727

Faulting process id: 0xef4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc3b58a8d7170a

Faulting application path: G:\Programs\aida64extreme_build_1469_s2elk8yzgn\aida64.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: edd3e6cd-a74b-11e0-a5c5-001fd09a6b5e

After I press OK for the I/O error, the box for Enable Logitech keyboard support becomes checked.

I then select Apply and okay and no Logitech LCD support is available.

On the next AIDA64 startup, I cannot enter preferences. I get I/O error 53.

Any suggestions?

Build 1462 works flawlessly.

Thank you. Please keep on using Build 1462 until the next beta is released. We're in the middle of revamping the Logitech LCD module, to implement SensorPanel-like features and multiple devices support. The next beta with those improvements should be out early next week. It will hopefully fix the mentioned bug as well. If the bug persists, then please let us know about it.

The fixed AIDA64 beta is available for download at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1471w6elkn1gczzip

Please note that it completely revamps the Logitech LCD module, to implement SensorPanel features. Your old Logitech LCD configuration will be automatically imported, but due to the way the new LCD module works, you will need to fine-tune the LCD items to make it look like it used to do.

Don't like the changes, old panel you could use negative values to compensate for font differences... particular where high dpi is used.this would've been better implemented alongside the old mode.

not only that, its more fiddly thus more of a pita to setup.

We'll implement negative pixel placement to help you about the font issue. As for the rest, I think we'll wait for more feedbacks from our customers, and we'll decide whether we should implement a "Basic" (or "Easy") mode besides the current "Advanced" mode. Maybe we can make the new feature to act like the old one in default, and you can switch the current "Advanced" mode by pressing a button...