Samsung SPF-75H

dlder

I just bought this digital picture frame because the new (mechanical) keyboards from Logitech have no LCD anymore. And I have to say: this works and looks beautifully!

My question isn't really Aida related, but I don't think anyone else would have this display connected to the PC and so may know about this problem:

Every time this display is powered on (and connected of course), I cannot boot my PC.

The computer won't even pass the Bios to get to the Bitlocker screen. When I disconnect the Samsung, and reconnect it again, when I'm at the Bitlocker screen, I can see that the keyboard isn't working (Logitech G910).

As soon as I disconnect the Samsung, I can enter the password again.

Does anyone know how to work around this problem? Any bios setting I don't know about?

Thanks in advance!

14 hours ago, dlder said:

I just bought this digital picture frame because the new (mechanical) keyboards from Logitech have no LCD anymore. And I have to say: this works and looks beautifully!

My question isn't really Aida related, but I don't think anyone else would have this display connected to the PC and so may know about this problem:

Every time this display is powered on (and connected of course), I cannot boot my PC.

The computer won't even pass the Bios to get to the Bitlocker screen. When I disconnect the Samsung, and reconnect it again, when I'm at the Bitlocker screen, I can see that the keyboard isn't working (Logitech G910).

As soon as I disconnect the Samsung, I can enter the password again.

Does anyone know how to work around this problem? Any bios setting I don't know about?

Thanks in advance!

I'm afraid I have no idea what might cause the booting issues.  Other than something about the USB device enumeration in the BIOS.  But it's hard to dig deeper than that :( 

23 hours ago, dlder said:

Well, it worked with a notebook. Fuck. I'm all out of ideas...

Could it be something with Secure Boot and Bitlocker (although I do use CSM!)?

Yes, it'd worth trying to disable Secure Boot and check it again.

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, dlder said:

Ok, I'm now using VeraCrypt for FDE instead of Bitlocker and it works!

In my understanding, Secure Boot is not enabled in this configuration (right?) - the system drive is encrypted, nothing more.

I have no idea what's enabled on your configuration :) But I'm glad you've managed to make it work.  These days it is becoming more and more challenging to use legacy hardware...

19 hours ago, Fiery said:

I have no idea what's enabled on your configuration :) But I'm glad you've managed to make it work.  These days it is becoming more and more challenging to use legacy hardware...

Well, I thought because not using Bitlocker would disable SecureBoot. But it is not so: I just checked via msinfo32 and it's still "on"!?

I ... thought it must be SecureBoot, but it actually was Bitlocker that disallowed the USB-LCD (which actually reports itself as two USB memory sticks)!?