"New" LCD features break old configured pages

INSTG8R

Is there no easy way to continue to use the old pages from the previous version? I use all 4 pages on my G15 and not one of them on the new version functions correctly. I have been transferring these pages since Everest and they always worked fine. Now even if I try to modify the now broken ones the layouts are a mess...

Little disappointed in this as this is main feature I have always purchased this software for and now it has become very unfriendly to use.

In AIDA64 v1.85 we've applied the advanced configuration options of the previously announced SensorPanel feature, and its new approach of "per-pixel" level adjustments to the LCD feature as well. We've implemented an automatic migration to move the old LCD settings into the new LCD module, but since the new LCD solution is a completely different approach in many ways, the automatic migration is not 100% bullet-proof. So after upgrading to AIDA64 v1.85, you'll need to re-adjust your LCD items in order to attain the previous looks of your LCD display with AIDA64.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience the revamped LCD module caused for you, but we had to do that revamp to provide such features that we introduced with the SensorPanel, e.g. configurable colour bars. Once you learn how you can precisely adjust each LCD item with the new AIDA64, you'll see that you can do a lot more with the new LCD than with the old one.

In case you still want to stick to the old LCD module, please let us know, since we're currently gathering users feedbacks about this migration. If we get a number of statements about prefering the old LCD configuration over the new one, we may tweak the new LCD module to provide the old "simple LCD item" configuration as well. And so you could have a sort of "best of both worlds": a simple item that you can configure at ease, and an advanced LCD item configuration if you want to step further.

Regards,

Fiery

I would like to see the option to use the old configuration method. Your changes put some limitations on things that result in it being impossible for me to get my display back to the way it looked without using some workarounds that shouldn't be neccasary. For example, my up time used to be displayed with the label to the left of the value (e.g. 'Up Time 8:01:23'), now I am forced to have the label to the right of the value unless I want to use a seperate static label meaning one more element to tweak whenever I make changes to the layout.

There is zero documentation on the new configuration method that I could find. The help file still shows the old method. Are we expected to poke and hope? Don't get me wrong, I love the capabilities the new method provides, however, the ability to take advantage of it on the G19 LCD is limited due to space. regardless, without documentation, it's dificult to do anything without royally screwing the layout up first resulting in more work to fix everything once you figure out the changes.

Thanks for the Info Fiery. But yeah I am going to agree with Xyrax. Its current state makes it WAY more complex than it has to be.

I would certainly prefer the old method or at least be able to use the new Import feature that would perhaps adjust old configs to the new method?

Thanks for the Info Fiery. But yeah I am going to agree with Xyrax. Its current state makes it WAY more complex than it has to be.

So far a handful of customers reported similar findings. It's a relatively low number, but we're committed to provide a software to suit everyone's needs, so we'll implement the "Simple Sensor Item" in the next AIDA64 beta release due in a few days.

I would certainly prefer the old method or at least be able to use the new Import feature that would perhaps adjust old configs to the new method?

That import feature is already there, and automatically imports the old settings into the new LCD module. Problem is: due to the fundamental difference between items placement and label-value-unit relations, there's no way to attain the same looks with the new LCD module. However, by implementing the "Simple Sensor Item", accurate items importing will also be possible.

Please keep your old AIDA64.INI file (it includes your old LCD settings) if possible, so when you upgrade to the next AIDA64 beta, your old settings will be automatically imported and the old LCD looks will be retained.

Your changes put some limitations on things that result in it being impossible for me to get my display back to the way it looked without using some workarounds that shouldn't be neccasary. For example, my up time used to be displayed with the label to the left of the value (e.g. 'Up Time 8:01:23'), now I am forced to have the label to the right of the value unless I want to use a seperate static label meaning one more element to tweak whenever I make changes to the layout.

It is still possible to display it the way you want. You just need to adjust the "Total width" parameter to move the label and value closer to each other.

I must admit the new system really really made life more complex with my Logitech G15 rev2. I figured out how to set up the LCD display for the most part like it used to be but I simply cannot get it to look exactly the same. I'm sure with time I can get things closer if not nearly identical to the old way but this new system is far from intuitive and I'm extremely tempted to downgrade to the previous official release which is somewhat annoying since I just renewed my license for 3 years before upgrading to this new release. I do appreciate the fact that more support was added for other Logitech devices but that was the detriment of the Logitech device I already owned and that was already supported. B)

We've implemented the Simple Sensor Item in both the SensorPanel and the Logitech LCD module. The old LCD settings are imported into Simple Sensor Items, retaining the old layout 100%.

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1604bxs0dft5lnzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

Well I guess I have to ask how to get it to use the old style with the new Beta?

When pressing the New or Modify button in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD, the window has 4 layouts, selectable with the "Item Type" dropdown list near the top-left corner. First layout is for the Sensor Item, which is the more complex, less-intuitive way to configure your LCD items. Second layout is the new Simple Sensor Item that offers the same level of customizations as the old LCD module. Third and fourth are the Static Label and Image that lets you add labels and pictures to your LCD.

If you want to configure your LCD without hassling with the complexity of the Sensor Item layout, just select the Simple Sensor Item from the dropdown list. Later on, if you decide you want to give the more complex method a try, e.g. to add bars to your LCD, then you can reconfigure any of the LCD items from Simple Sensor Item into Sensor Item.

• 4 weeks later...