OpenGL not listed

ChiefZeke

AIDA64 v1.85.1600

Display > OpenGL > when selected the right pane goes grey - nothing listed

OpenGL Extensions Viewer Version 4.00 (Build 61.0.0.0) from www.realtech-vr.com/glview/ lists OpenGL Version: 3.3 and Driver version: 6.14.10.11005 Catalyst 8.881 28-Jul-11 and Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (I have two - Crossfire is selected).

If more information is required or something else I can do - please let me know.

Above was when I booted into XP Pro w/SP3 - Same indication from AIDA and Open GL Extensions Viewer when I booted into Win7 Ultimate 64-bit w/SP1.

Thank you for the bug report. We've already done some test runs about this issue, and it seems it's due to a bug in Catalyst 11.8. No other drivers seem to be affected. In the OpenGL detection part of AIDA64, the OpenGL32.dll module throws an exception when wglCreateContext is called. Quite a weird issue...

Thank you for the feedback. It should be okay with Catalyst 11.9 as well ;) We've switched from dynamic DLL linking (of OPENGL32.DLL) to static linking. Most software utilizing OpenGL use static linking, but so far AIDA64 had no problem with dynamic linking. Apparently Catalyst 11.8 has a bug that only comes up when OPENGL32.DLL is dynamically loaded.

• 1 month later...

Can you try to reproduce this same issue with the new catalyst 11.9 and AIDA64 1.85 stable release?

It would be interesting, because I know a man who has a contact in AMD.

Both Catalyst 11.8 and 11.9 suffer from the OpenGL issue. AIDA64 v1.85 will not work with them. But the latest AIDA64 beta will work fine since it uses static linking for the OPENGL32.DLL module:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1641xc8yz5fwkpzip

Upgraded to AMD/ATI 11-9 drivers yesterday; also downloaded AIDA 1.85.1641 and had no problems with Display > OpenGL displaying items in XP Pro w/SP3 - have yet to check XP Pro x64 w/SP2 and Win7 Ultimate x64 w/SP1.

Next day - booted into XP Pro x64 and Win7 Ultimate - Display > OpenGL had information listed.