Jump to content

aida64 and icue, commander pro


Zeusxinzo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Good, After trying many configurations and many different ways, they definitely cannot work at the same time aida64 and icue, in aida the only problem is the reading of the RPM of some fan or some temperature sensor, but in "icue", all the fans connected to the comander pro, which are 5 of the tower fail, in the performance tab the fans and the tab itself appear and disappear, which causes the profile of the fans to change and go from relaxed to balanced and imagine that To the extreme because of the noise they make, the question is, as a deactivation option in aida64 so that it does not only monitor the commander pro, the rest more or less works. Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Zeusxinzo said:

Good, After trying many configurations and many different ways, they definitely cannot work at the same time aida64 and icue, in aida the only problem is the reading of the RPM of some fan or some temperature sensor, but in "icue", all the fans connected to the comander pro, which are 5 of the tower fail, in the performance tab the fans and the tab itself appear and disappear, which causes the profile of the fans to change and go from relaxed to balanced and imagine that To the extreme because of the noise they make, the question is, as a deactivation option in aida64 so that it does not only monitor the commander pro, the rest more or less works. Thank you

We're still waiting for a resolution that would come from Corsair about synchronizing their software with 3rd party application like AIDA64.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WTF ???? 2 min to get an answer, record guinness.
Well I have commented the same thing on the icue support forum and their response was "ANY other software that attempts to read from the Corsair hardware will have a conflict. There can only be one software app accessing the hardware device at a time. you disable AIDA from connecting to and / or reading from the Corsair devices, you should be OK ", but it is not normal, could not corsair let other programs like aida64 read its data instead of having to read it from the hardware? that is, if I want to see the RPM of the fans in AIDA64 and have it active by the rgb or the performance profiles, because it reads and controls the fans and aida64 reads the icue data directly without having to go to the fans, it would be Possible an option like that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Zeusxinzo said:

WTF ???? 2 min to get an answer, record guinness.
Well I have commented the same thing on the icue support forum and their response was "ANY other software that attempts to read from the Corsair hardware will have a conflict. There can only be one software app accessing the hardware device at a time. you disable AIDA from connecting to and / or reading from the Corsair devices, you should be OK ", but it is not normal, could not corsair let other programs like aida64 read its data instead of having to read it from the hardware? that is, if I want to see the RPM of the fans in AIDA64 and have it active by the rgb or the performance profiles, because it reads and controls the fans and aida64 reads the icue data directly without having to go to the fans, it would be Possible an option like that?

The folks at Corsair are telling you the truth.  What they wouldn't tell you is that the ball is rolling in their court.  In their previous software (called Corsair Link) they used to implement the necessary standardized synchronization mutexes that allowed their software to work with all major 3rd party monitoring software out there, like AIDA64, CPU-Z, HWiNFO, HWMonitor, SIV, etc.  What happened is they discontinued using those mutexes and let the collisions happen, and continue to let them happen despite the fact that multiple developers (including us of course) have been pestering them for over a year now.  I don't think it's wise to stick to their position of one and only one software to rule all Corsair hardware (ie. Corsair iCUE), but it's their position and they seem to want to stick to it no matter what.

BTW, partial access to their hardware is not possible I'm afraid.

BTW #2, it'd also be possible to allow only iCUE to access Corsair hardware, but expose the sensor readings coming from various Corsair hardware to 3rd party applications.  It would require Corsair to develop a new SDK or expand their existing iCUE SDK.  I'm not sure if they're working on this or whether they have any intentions to work on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I had to bet I would say that they are not very much for the task of implementing too many things in rationing to third-party software, for now there is no other than to continue being disconnected and turn it on and endure the fan speed changes With the beautiful thing that is my sensor panel and not being able to use all the sensors, to cry, xDDDD
Thanks for the help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, as a temporary solution can be used, in my case at least, we will see, with the beta version of aida64 5157, if you deactivate the compatibility with corsair link sensor, the commander pro stops giving collision errors, you can not monitor the fan speed or temperature probes, but it is the only thing you lose since with the Corsair Hydro Platinum sensor Support, you can monitor the AIO fan speed, liquid temperature and so on the panel sensor (H115i SE Platinum, in my case) and of course the comander pro does not connect and disconnect from the usb constantly, let this beta be official version, thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find this all very confusing!  I have absolutely zero issues monitoring my H115i PRO (and my HX850i PSU) using AIDA64, that is the pump, the coolant and both fans.  This is both with and without iCUE running concurrently.  All I do is delay the start of the CorsairService during Windows 10 boot.

OSD.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problems are with the commander pro, if I turn on the pc only with aida64 or only with icue I have no problem, but having one active and running the other one starts the problems, in which the fan performance tab appears and disappears, LL120RGBx5 tower fans are set at 100% and the sound of disconnecting a USB is heard every 20 or 30 sec, and from aida64 the corsair hardware values are uncontrolled (fan at 20k rpm and things like that).
I guess the problem happens when icue and other software (aida643, hwinfo ...) try to access the same fan data, temperatures or whatever.
That is my experience and opinion.

 

Yemble can u explain this "delay the start of the CorsairService during Windows 10 boot", 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Zeusxinzo said:

Yemble can u explain this "delay the start of the CorsairService during Windows 10 boot", 

Easy...

Open Services applet (it's within Administative Tools), locate Corsair Service, edit it and change the Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start)

You maybe correct in saying that this is a CoPro issue as I do not use one of these in my rig (I have zero interest in RGB), however, for me it is just a resource clash during Windows boot.  Too many things going for the same hardware at exactly the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Yemble said:

I find this all very confusing!  I have absolutely zero issues monitoring my H115i PRO (and my HX850i PSU) using AIDA64, that is the pump, the coolant and both fans.  This is both with and without iCUE running concurrently.  All I do is delay the start of the CorsairService during Windows 10 boot.

There are certain Corsair hardware which can be used along with other monitoring software without issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 8/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, Fiery said:

There are certain Corsair hardware which can be used along with other monitoring software without issues.

Hi! I'm having the same issue, guess they didn't fix it... I have connected the H150i RGB Pro XT USB cable to the commander pro and I can't read any value on Aida64...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2021 at 12:44 PM, NienteNessuno said:

Hi! I'm having the same issue, guess they didn't fix it... I have connected the H150i RGB Pro XT USB cable to the commander pro and I can't read any value on Aida64...

We've implemented support for Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT in the latest AIDA64 beta build:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/28/2021 at 11:26 AM, Fiery said:

We've implemented support for Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT in the latest AIDA64 beta build:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Hi Fiery,

Thanks for all of your support with Aida64, I have been looking all day and see your responses everywhere. I am currently using the trial just to make sure everything works with build before buying.  I have mainly all Corsair components (Fans/AIO/RAM) - the only thing giving me an issue is my Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM.  I downloaded the beta linked above and ran it but it seems to be a thumbdrive type copy vs a full install.  How do I go about installing the beta?  I uninstalled the trial version to see if that helps with no luck.  I am still getting the AIO collision.

What specifically is causing the collision, is there something I can turn off in Aida64?  I tried removing all CPU components form the sensor panel but I guess I need to further disable monitoring somewhere else as it still triggered the issue.

I really appreciate your help on these issues.  It's too bad Corsair has been so bad with this, I was really starting to like them.

 

Cheers,

Robb

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Robb Raiskums said:

Hi Fiery,

Thanks for all of your support with Aida64, I have been looking all day and see your responses everywhere. I am currently using the trial just to make sure everything works with build before buying.  I have mainly all Corsair components (Fans/AIO/RAM) - the only thing giving me an issue is my Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM.  I downloaded the beta linked above and ran it but it seems to be a thumbdrive type copy vs a full install.  How do I go about installing the beta?  I uninstalled the trial version to see if that helps with no luck.  I am still getting the AIO collision.

What specifically is causing the collision, is there something I can turn off in Aida64?  I tried removing all CPU components form the sensor panel but I guess I need to further disable monitoring somewhere else as it still triggered the issue.

I really appreciate your help on these issues.  It's too bad Corsair has been so bad with this, I was really starting to like them.

Cheers,

Robb

I'm afraid in order to get rid of the collisions with Corsair's iCUE software, on your particular system you need to disable (uncheck) Corsair Hydro Platinum sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.

There's no self-installing EXE package for our beta builds.  You download the beta ZIP package and extract it into the existing installation folder of AIDA64.  Let it overwrite any existing files.  That upgrade process will still retain your entered license and your existing settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

I'm afraid in order to get rid of the collisions with Corsair's iCUE software, on your particular system you need to disable (uncheck) Corsair Hydro Platinum sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.

There's no self-installing EXE package for our beta builds.  You download the beta ZIP package and extract it into the existing installation folder of AIDA64.  Let it overwrite any existing files.  That upgrade process will still retain your entered license and your existing settings.

Fantastic, thanks Fiery, I reinstalled the trial, copied over the files, launched it and then rebooted. You are correct that I am still getting the collision.  Disabling the sensor support as suggested did fix the issue.

That's good enough for me.  Hopefully one day Corsair gets their act together.

Thanks for you help and swift reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...