Gigabyte X570 Series - Sensors und Fan-Names

golgorod

Hello everyone.

I got my hands on a Gigabyte X570 Xtreme. I would like to share some interesting sensor readings and missing sensors values. The board has a noise detection sensor.

Can we read these values?

And there is a possibility to switch to from rpm to lpm. It is possible to show this in the sensor tab in AIDA?

The chassis-fans are labeled wrong. They are called System 1-6 with fan 5 and 6 with the label pump attached.

Greetings

isasensordump.txt

On 10/5/2019 at 4:13 AM, golgorod said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e4b9fe5cf54cf191Hello everyone.

I got my hands on a Gigabyte X570 Xtreme. I would like to share some interesting sensor readings and missing sensors values. The board has a noise detection sensor.

Can we read these values?

And there is a possibility to switch to from rpm to lpm. It is possible to show this in the sensor tab in AIDA?

The chassis-fans are labeled wrong. They are called System 1-6 with fan 5 and 6 with the label pump attached.

Greetings
10.6 kB · 4 downloads

Thank you for the dump.  I'm afraid we have no information on noise detection sensors, but we'll try to ask someone at Gigabyte about it.

As for the fan labels, we've checked, and they should be labelled properly already.  Can you please post a screenshot of the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64 showing all measured values (incl. temperatures, fan speeds, voltages)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

the numbering is correct. But the fans and their connectors did not match with the official tools (see pic attached). Small stuff. In the meantime I have also the Gigabyte RGB Fan Commander connected to my system.

This box comes with two temperature sensors and eight fan-connectors/RGB headers. It is possible to get access to this box?

Thanks for your help.

AIDA64_Pump Values.PNG

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:23 AM, golgorod said:

Hi there,

the numbering is correct. But the fans and their connectors did not match with the official tools (see pic attached). Small stuff. In the meantime I have also the Gigabyte RGB Fan Commander connected to my system.

This box comes with two temperature sensors and eight fan-connectors/RGB headers. It is possible to get access to this box?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, System #n is called Chassis #n in AIDA64, that should be the difference but it's normal.

As for the Gigabyte RGB Fan Commander, please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> System Debug --> USB Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Thanks,
Fiery

On 10/29/2019 at 6:11 PM, golgorod said:

Sure it is only the name but it is not the correct label for the fans - especially for the fan 5 and 6 because they have a pump prefix.

No problem here is the dump :)

Please note that you can rename the fan labels on the Computer / Sensor page if you do a left-click on the labels.

Thank you for the dump.  It seems to be a bit complicated, especially since as I assume, that device cannot be purchased separately -- or can be?

• 5 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 9:59 AM, Fiery said:

Please note that you can rename the fan labels on the Computer / Sensor page if you do a left-click on the labels.

Thank you for the dump.  It seems to be a bit complicated, especially since as I assume, that device cannot be purchased separately -- or can be?

OP (golgorod), seems to drop following this thread, but I've just discovered it, and since I am trying to integrate my Gigabyte Fan Commander with AIDA (and am running into problems) I would like to pick up on this thread and see if we can move ahead.

The problem I am having is that the Commander's two temp. sensors, and eight fans are not showing in AIDA.  I would love for these sensors to be visible to AIDA.  Of more importance to me are the temp. sensors, since I would like to use them to monitor the temperature of the two cooling loops I have running.  In a pinch, I can move the fans to the existing headers on the motherboard (AIDA picks them just fine, BTW), but I am out of temp sensors.  Commander adds two additional temp. sensors to the existing two on the motherboard, expanding the total to four.  And this is what I am after.  I would like to measure the temps on the mobo loop, both in-flow and out-flow, and in the same for the GPU loop, both in-flow and out-flow, for a total of four.  AIDA picks up the two mobo temp headers, but not the two on the Commander.

Do I need to enable anything in the config/compatibility menu, or do anything else to see these additional sensors in AIDA?

Thanks, and - STAY SAFE!

-zc-

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:00 AM, ZC.Sulima said:

OP (golgorod), seems to drop following this thread, but I've just discovered it, and since I am trying to integrate my Gigabyte Fan Commander with AIDA (and am running into problems) I would like to pick up on this thread and see if we can move ahead.

The problem I am having is that the Commander's two temp. sensors, and eight fans are not showing in AIDA.  I would love for these sensors to be visible to AIDA.  Of more importance to me are the temp. sensors, since I would like to use them to monitor the temperature of the two cooling loops I have running.  In a pinch, I can move the fans to the existing headers on the motherboard (AIDA picks them just fine, BTW), but I am out of temp sensors.  Commander adds two additional temp. sensors to the existing two on the motherboard, expanding the total to four.  And this is what I am after.  I would like to measure the temps on the mobo loop, both in-flow and out-flow, and in the same for the GPU loop, both in-flow and out-flow, for a total of four.  AIDA picks up the two mobo temp headers, but not the two on the Commander.

Do I need to enable anything in the config/compatibility menu, or do anything else to see these additional sensors in AIDA?

Thanks, and - STAY SAFE!

-zc-

I'm afraid we have no technical documentation or any material on Gigabyte Fan Commander, so we cannot implement support for it.  Unless of course someone can point us to the right direction with the necessary technical guidelines.

12 hours ago, Fiery said:

I'm afraid we have no technical documentation or any material on Gigabyte Fan Commander, so we cannot implement support for it.  Unless of course someone can point us to the right direction with the necessary technical guidelines.

I understand.  I was trying to find some references for myself and came out pretty much empty.

What I was able to discover during my struggles with the Commander is that it does not show up in the BIOS.

It connects to a specific USB header on the motherboard, and then you need to install a piece of software from Gigabyte that presents the controller to the OS.  I was able to see the fans and temperature sensors in this program, but AIDA despite me enabling all of the STABILITY elements was not able to see fans and the sensors.

At present I am down to three options:

1.  Look for another hub/controller that has temperature sensors which AIDA will recognize (I would be most appreciative of any suggestions you can provide), or

2.  Pack up the Commander in a box (I happen to have two of them) and send it to you so you can take a swing at it, or

3.  Abandon the project.

-zc-

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 1:52 AM, ZC.Sulima said:

I understand.  I was trying to find some references for myself and came out pretty much empty.

What I was able to discover during my struggles with the Commander is that it does not show up in the BIOS.

It connects to a specific USB header on the motherboard, and then you need to install a piece of software from Gigabyte that presents the controller to the OS.  I was able to see the fans and temperature sensors in this program, but AIDA despite me enabling all of the STABILITY elements was not able to see fans and the sensors.

At present I am down to three options:

1.  Look for another hub/controller that has temperature sensors which AIDA will recognize (I would be most appreciative of any suggestions you can provide), or

2.  Pack up the Commander in a box (I happen to have two of them) and send it to you so you can take a swing at it, or

3.  Abandon the project.

-zc-

4) You can contact Gigabyte Support.  There's a slim chance you can convince them to take steps to help us implement support for your device in AIDA64.  It would be a lot easier if Gigabyte sold the controller separately too...

As for 1), I'd leave it for others to come up with a good alternative.  From a developer's standpoint I don't like any of them, since they raise different struggles.  In other words, from the standpoint of interacting with such fan controller hardware, there's no perfect solution, and that was to put it mildly :)  Of course if you don't want to monitor them, or can (and want to) rely on their manufacturer supplied software, they are great products.