Water temp sensors?

Arctucas

3 hours ago, Arctucas said:

Is it possible to plug XSPC water temp sensor:

http://www.xs-pc.com/temperature-sensors/g14-inline-10k-sensor-black-chrome

into a motherboard fan header and have AIDA64 monitor and display the temperature?

Thanks

I don't think so, since motherboard fan headers are designed to measure the RPM of fans and not the temperature of a fan or something else.  Unless of course the thermal diode is designed in a way to let you connect it to a fan header and it provides thermal readings as e.g. 2345 RPM = 23.45 Celsius or so.

17 hours ago, Arctucas said:

If I use the Corsair Commander PRO to monitor XSPC G1/4" Inline 10k Sensor and Flat 10k Sensor

will AIDA64 be able to monitor and display the values?

I don't know how those devices can interact with each other.  As long as you can have a device that provides the readings via a meaningful way to AIDA64, it will display the measurements.  AIDA64 does support Corsair Commander Pro, just keep in mind that iCUE (Corsair's monitoring software) and 3rd party monitoring applications don't play well together due to Corsair's decision on not supporting the industry standard synchronization mutexes that would prevent collisions.

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

I don't know how those devices can interact with each other.  As long as you can have a device that provides the readings via a meaningful way to AIDA64, it will display the measurements.  AIDA64 does support Corsair Commander Pro, just keep in mind that iCUE (Corsair's monitoring software) and 3rd party monitoring applications don't play well together due to Corsair's decision on not supporting the industry standard synchronization mutexes that would prevent collisions.

Is it necessary to install/run the iCUE software, or will AIDA64 monitor the temp sensors through the Commadner Pro without it?

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:15 PM, Arctucas said:

Just to be clear before I spend $70 for a Commander Pro; AIDA64 will be able to monitor temperature sensors (the ones I linked to above) through the Commander Pro?

I have no intention of using iCUE.

As long as the Commander Pro unit can monitor the thermal sensors, AIDA64 will be able to show you the readings.  We cannot guarantee that a certain device will be compatible with another device.  All we can assure you is that the Command Pro device is fully supported by AIDA64 as long as you don't try to use it together with Corsair's own monitoring software (iCUE) which is notorious for causing collisions on the hardware communication side.