fixed: ASRock DeskMini A300 Sensors (A300M-STX Motherboard)

fadsarmy

10 hours ago, fads said:

Is there any chance mch temps can be read on this motherboard? Are there any other sensors? I have attached the ISA sensor and SMBUS dumps. Thanks in advance.

isasensordump.txt 16.84 kB · 1 download smbusdump_full.txt 10.98 kB · 0 downloads

Please post a copy-paste or screenshot of the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64 as well, so we can check what works so far and what doesn't.

On 11/14/2019 at 8:35 AM, Fiery said:

Please post a copy-paste or screenshot of the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64 as well, so we can check what works so far and what doesn't.

The chassis fan should be cpu fan 2. Also, the cpu temp appears to be reading something else, possibly chipset.

aida64sensors.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 5:33 PM, fads said:

The chassis fan should be cpu fan 2. Also, the cpu temp appears to be reading something else, possibly chipset.

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

8 hours ago, Fiery said:

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks for that. The cpu diode temp ranges between 23-50 C during torture test so I'm pretty sure it's actually the cpu temp. The cpu temp is always between 38-43 C even during cpu torture test so I don't think it's reading the cpu temp, probably PCH.

aida64sensors.thumb.jpg.8c27724632ec46f8cd9fd668b60ceeee.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:35 PM, fads said:

Thanks for that. The cpu diode temp ranges between 23-50 C during torture test so I'm pretty sure it's actually the cpu temp. The cpu temp is always between 38-43 C even during cpu torture test so I don't think it's reading the cpu temp, probably PCH.

Thank you for your feedback.  In the UEFI Setup (BIOS Setup) can you see two distinct thermal readings, one for the motherboard, one for the CPU?

On 11/21/2019 at 1:05 PM, Fiery said:

Thank you for your feedback.  In the UEFI Setup (BIOS Setup) can you see two distinct thermal readings, one for the motherboard, one for the CPU?

I can see cpu and motherboard temp in UEFI. The UEFI cpu temp matches AIDA64 cpu diode temp, and the UEFI motherboard temp is same as AIDA64 motherboard temp.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, fads said:

I can see cpu and motherboard temp in UEFI. The UEFI cpu temp matches AIDA64 cpu diode temp, and the UEFI motherboard temp is same as AIDA64 motherboard temp.

Thank you.  In that case it'd be quite difficult to find out what the "CPU" temperature stands for on your particular motherboard (given that ASRock has no factory software that would show that reading in any way), so I'd recommend you to just skip that reading and focus on the "CPU Diode" and "Motherboard" temperatures.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:39 AM, Fiery said:

Thank you.  In that case it'd be quite difficult to find out what the "CPU" temperature stands for on your particular motherboard (given that ASRock has no factory software that would show that reading in any way), so I'd recommend you to just skip that reading and focus on the "CPU Diode" and "Motherboard" temperatures.

Thanks for your help. What about aida64 cpu temp? Surely it's not reading anything cpu related. It's always between 38-43 C even during cpu torture test. Could it be chipset temp?

14 hours ago, fads said:

Thanks for your help. What about aida64 cpu temp? Surely it's not reading anything cpu related. It's always between 38-43 C even during cpu torture test. Could it be chipset temp?

It could be the chipset temperature or a secondary motherboard temperature.  It's hard to tell since there's no reference point to check it against.  A reference could be the same reading shown in either the BIOS Setup (UEFI Setup) or in ASRock's own monitoring software.  Without that, we can only guess.  Unless of course you're very curious and would be willing to heat up and cool down the chipset and track the "CPU" temperature reading in AIDA64 meanwhile ;) 

16 hours ago, Fiery said:

It could be the chipset temperature or a secondary motherboard temperature.  It's hard to tell since there's no reference point to check it against.  A reference could be the same reading shown in either the BIOS Setup (UEFI Setup) or in ASRock's own monitoring software.  Without that, we can only guess.  Unless of course you're very curious and would be willing to heat up and cool down the chipset and track the "CPU" temperature reading in AIDA64 meanwhile ;) 

Unfortunately there's no chipset on the motherboard. From what I've read, the A300 chipset is within the cpu. Thanks for your help anyway. Really appreciated.