AIDA64 stopped showing sensors today

timmy

By today, AIDA64 stopped showing any sensor informations, both the LCD and the software itself. When going to settings, the message "Ermittele Sensor Informationen..." is shown as normal, but it keeps to be shown without any changes.

Running this version: 5.98.4832 Beta

But also tested this version today: 6.10.5224 Beta

Both can't read the sensor information. Running Windows 10 Pro

aida64.JPG

2 hours ago, timmy said:

By today, AIDA64 stopped showing any sensor informations, both the LCD and the software itself. When going to settings, the message "Ermittele Sensor Informationen..." is shown as normal, but it keeps to be shown without any changes.

Running this version: 5.98.4832 Beta

But also tested this version today: 6.10.5224 Beta

Both can't read the sensor information. Running Windows 10 Pro

aida64.JPG

Try to restart Windows and check if it makes a difference.  Also, have you connected any new devices to your computer that may be related to that problem?  Like a new external HDD or external SSD? A USB card reader, USB printer?

11 minutes ago, Fiery said:

Try to restart Windows and check if it makes a difference.  Also, have you connected any new devices to your computer that may be related to that problem?  Like a new external HDD or external SSD? A USB card reader, USB printer?

Did several restarts, both Windows and the Logitech G19 (unplugging the power cord). The only new device is a pair of speakers, connected to the screen. No changes to the system itself

• 6 months later...

I realize this is a few months back, but it is the exact issue I experienced myself today.
Seems like it cleared itself for the OP (Timmy), but I am interested if you ever found out what caused it? (rather than waiting and hoping for the best, or getting lucky)

I am also experiencing this odd error where when the sensors are "checked" Aida64 just hangs, and never finds any sensors. It just stays on 'checking sensors" in properties.
It is important to note that I watched my G19 LCD (set up for Aida64 display information) start to fail, because the background images and graphics were displayed, but there were no long sensor information displayed.  It took me a while to realize that when I went into Aida64's properties to investigate, that Aida64 no longer seemed to be able to read any sensors?

This is completely out of the blue, nothing changed, nothing added, and it appeared to stop working in front of my eyes.  It has not functioned at all since.

I have removed Aida64, re-installed, restarted, looked into the applications and system logs with no related errors. 

I am stumped, but I want my Aida64 back and working. :-) It has worked for years and years.  GOne for less than 24 hrs, and I miss my monitoring.
:-(  Anyone else experienced this?

Help?

Thank you, I will also check more recent info.

-BG

------------------------------------------------------------
    CoolerMaster HAF 922, 850 Watt Thermaltake SP-850M, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 32g Corsair Vengeance, Radeon RX5700XT-MechOC
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by BullGod
relayed the wrong idea

Ok, now I have good news and bad.....
This morning, i fired up the rig, and everything......is working and back to normal. Just like the OP, Jimmy.

Bad part is, I like knowing WHY something didn't work........Anyone?

Great news is, after doing nothing, and a good 18 hrs, all back in business.
HHhhhhhhh, I don't like not having a reason.

BD

2 hours ago, BullGod said:

Ok, now I have good news and bad.....
This morning, i fired up the rig, and everything......is working and back to normal. Just like the OP, Jimmy.

Bad part is, I like knowing WHY something didn't work........Anyone?

Great news is, after doing nothing, and a good 18 hrs, all back in business.
HHhhhhhhh, I don't like not having a reason.

BD

I'm afraid I have no idea what could be going wrong in those instances :( My best guess would be a collision with another software, but it's just a guess.

I do appreciate you at least looking this over.   As techs (as I KNOW you know), when something like that happens.......with no explanation.  Grrrrrr, I know you get that.
:-)  Years, and I mean.....5-6 years of it all working flawlessly, 8 months with a complete new hardware/software build with no issues, and boom, out of know where, it stalls.  Weird.

I do agree that it had to be other software causing the read error, because Aida64 has never failed me, never caused any issues, and I trust in the software, stability, and the Aida team.  Had to be some other API messin it up.
Thanks again for the post Fiery.

BullGod