High CPU temps instantly

stan

Hi, i have built my desktop and i decided to run AIDA64 stress test, when i do only CPU test all 6 cores are running at 68-70 C, but when i add FPU they get to over 95C very fast, i cant even take a screenshot its so quickly going up to 95C so fast from 40C idle, and interestingly it goes down to 40C when i stop test so quick again,  i dont know whats the problem and what to do, i can share any info about my pc specs if needed  , i just didnt want to throw all pages long detail before i am asked. 

I ve made a basic render with blender which is a 800kb cup on a table and when i try to take render all 6 cores go up around 91-95C. Any recommendations? İ ve just replaced thermalpaste and put a tiny decent drop already.

15 hours ago, stan said:

Hi, i have built my desktop and i decided to run AIDA64 stress test, when i do only CPU test all 6 cores are running at 68-70 C, but when i add FPU they get to over 95C very fast, i cant even take a screenshot its so quickly going up to 95C so fast from 40C idle, and interestingly it goes down to 40C when i stop test so quick again,  i dont know whats the problem and what to do, i can share any info about my pc specs if needed  , i just didnt want to throw all pages long detail before i am asked. 

I ve made a basic render with blender which is a 800kb cup on a table and when i try to take render all 6 cores go up around 91-95C. Any recommendations? İ ve just replaced thermalpaste and put a tiny decent drop already.

It's normal that the FPU subtest heats up the processor much quicker and in most cases to higher degree than the CPU subtest.

As for what can you do, first, let us know what motherboard and CPU you've got ;)

Hi, i m using i7 8700(non-K) CPU and Asus Prime H370M-Plus its a MicroAtx board. FPU temps are normal as you said, ok, fot it,  but i cant render a basic scene in blender it goes up to 90C so quick. What i did wrong? May you have suggestions?

38 minutes ago, Fiery said:

It's normal that the FPU subtest heats up the processor much quicker and in most cases to higher degree than the CPU subtest.

As for what can you do, first, let us know what motherboard and CPU you've got ;)

Hi, i m using i7 8700(non-K) CPU and Asus Prime H370M-Plus its a MicroAtx board. FPU temps are normal as you said, ok, fot it,  but i cant render a basic scene in blender it goes up to 90C so quick. What i did wrong? May you have suggestions?

5 minutes ago, stan said:

Hi, i m using i7 8700(non-K) CPU and Asus Prime H370M-Plus its a MicroAtx board. FPU temps are normal as you said, ok, fot it,  but i cant render a basic scene in blender it goes up to 90C so quick. What i did wrong? May you have suggestions?

Does it only go up to 90 Celsius or it also starts throttling?  In other words: are those high temperatures only an annoyance for you, or they also cause some actual issues?

I have built this pc especially for blender software, i have searched for weeks, some of ppl is also asking around that even at basic scenes Cpu temps going up so fast, i ll use GPU for renders of course but CPU involves partly as you know, so i saw its worse than stressing CPU in AIDA64. No it doesnt throttle at Blender here is a screenshot at the link below, i wish its my annoyance only and not something wrong in build. But i saw people rendering full speed without throttle at 65C

https://ibb.co/WGWnYrV

https://ibb.co/PNyvY73

Do you think i need take apart and assemble again the cooler? My backplate seems on its place as you see .(Btw sorry for doubling previous posts, i just cldnt delete one of the posts.)

• 8 months later...

@Arctucas You're only running CPU only, not FPU or CPU+ FPU like the OP. In fact, you're temps for CPU only test are quite high at 55c...

On water, CPU only test, you should be under 50c. My current rig runs pretty crappy air and even I get low 60s.

I would bring your OC down a bit, (or consider rejigging your loop for better effectiveness). Somethings amiss there.

16 hours ago, RamboRyza said:

@Arctucas You're only running CPU only, not FPU or CPU+ FPU like the OP. In fact, you're temps for CPU only test are quite high at 55c...

On water, CPU only test, you should be under 50c. My current rig runs pretty crappy air and even I get low 60s.

I would bring your OC down a bit, (or consider rejigging your loop for better effectiveness). Somethings amiss there.

OK, what is your rig running?

aida64 cpufpu stress 8-22-20.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar issue. I just got the evga z10 rgb keyboard and it seems that aida64 is the only program that I can use to show information on the lcd. I've tried other programs and no success. When I use aida64 underload my cpu temp rises from 33c - 54c and will go as high as 68c and then freeze. My mother board is the MSI b450m gaming plus. Cpu is Ryzen 5 1600x 16GB DDR4 3000mhz.gpu is gtx 1080. The cooler I'm using is the wraith prism rgb cooler. I at first I felt it could be my power supply because it's 550w.  Since I disabled the USB ports it seems to be working fine. I'm sure it will repeat it.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:43 PM, Binary_Deviant said:

I have a similar issue. I just got the evga z10 rgb keyboard and it seems that aida64 is the only program that I can use to show information on the lcd. I've tried other programs and no success. When I use aida64 underload my cpu temp rises from 33c - 54c and will go as high as 68c and then freeze. My mother board is the MSI b450m gaming plus. Cpu is Ryzen 5 1600x 16GB DDR4 3000mhz.gpu is gtx 1080. The cooler I'm using is the wraith prism rgb cooler. I at first I felt it could be my power supply because it's 550w.  Since I disabled the USB ports it seems to be working fine. I'm sure it will repeat it.

So, what is your question?

• 4 weeks later...