Problems with importing rslcd files in Remote Sensor

Nereus

Not sure if this issue is me doing something wrong or if it's a problem with the software.

I am using RemoteSensor to display hardware monitoring on a 7" LCD panel. I have had no problems setting it up and everything is functioning fine (been using this software for many years, right back to Everest days), and I can export my layout as an .rslcd file no problem, and I now have a few different layouts saved.

In the AIDA64 Preferences > LCD > LCD Items page, there is the ability to create multiple pages to display on the LCD panel (up to 6) and cycle through them on a specified time period per page, which is awesome.

The problem:

As mentioned, I have a bunch of saved .rslcd files and I'd like to import each one as a different page, but it seems no matter which page tab I select, when I try to import one of my .rslcd files, it always imports the file to the first page (tab) and wipes out whatever was there already, instead of importing to the page tab I want it to be on. Because of this, aside from the first page, I have to make every additional page from scratch rather than importing a .rslcd file for it.

Is there some way around this, or it's just something in the 'to be fixed' pile?

Thanks.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 5:18 AM, Nereus said:

Not sure if this issue is me doing something wrong or if it's a problem with the software.

I am using RemoteSensor to display hardware monitoring on a 7" LCD panel. I have had no problems setting it up and everything is functioning fine (been using this software for many years, right back to Everest days), and I can export my layout as an .rslcd file no problem, and I now have a few different layouts saved.

In the AIDA64 Preferences > LCD > LCD Items page, there is the ability to create multiple pages to display on the LCD panel (up to 6) and cycle through them on a specified time period per page, which is awesome.

The problem:

As mentioned, I have a bunch of saved .rslcd files and I'd like to import each one as a different page, but it seems no matter which page tab I select, when I try to import one of my .rslcd files, it always imports the file to the first page (tab) and wipes out whatever was there already, instead of importing to the page tab I want it to be on. Because of this, aside from the first page, I have to make every additional page from scratch rather than importing a .rslcd file for it.

Is there some way around this, or it's just something in the 'to be fixed' pile?

Thanks.

LCD exporting takes all LCD pages and writes them to the export file.  If you open the .RSLCD files using Notepad for example, you can see that each page content is between similar tags like this:

<LCDPAGE1>
... page content ...
</LCDPAGE1>

If you have multiple RemoteSensor layouts created, and you always used Page 1 in those layouts, and exported them to separate .RSLCD files, you should have LCDPAGE1 tags (and only those, not LCDPAGE2, LCDPAGE3, etc) in all those files.

Problem is: when you import a layout, it will wipe your current layout, all pages of it, and import the page (or pages) from the .RSLCD file you select.  Currently it's not possible to import a .RSLCD file into a page of your choice, so even if you alter the files to have different LCDPAGEx tags, you will only be able to import a file into a specific page but the rest of the pages will still be blank.

What you can do to overcome this limitation is to combine the .RSLCD files into a single .RSLCD file where you use multiple page tags and put the relevant content between them.  For example:

<LCDVER>200</LCDVER><SWVER>6.20.5321 Beta</SWVER>
<LCDBGCOLOR>16777215</LCDBGCOLOR>
<LCDPAGE1>
... page content coming from one of your .RSLCD files ...
</LCDPAGE1>
<LCDPAGE2>
... page content coming from another one of your .RSLCD files ...
</LCDPAGE2>
<LCDPAGE3>
... page content coming from the 3rd .RSLCD file ...
</LCDPAGE3>

That way you can combine your .RSLCD layouts to exactly the page assignment of your choice.

• Thanks 1