Some Glitches Into The Lastest Beta Version 1.85.1653

int0x13

Hi, recently i've tested the last beta version 1.85.1653 Extreme Edition with my last Asus notebook. It's equiped with 2 video cards, the Intel integrated one (sandy bridge chipset with core i72630 QM), and a dedicated nvidia GT 540M card. When i go into PCI/AGP Video i see nothing:

cap1mf.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also into GPU tab, i see only the IGD card, not the nvidia card:

cap2ez.png

and to finish with the ACPI section, i got a bug with one table:

cap3o.png

I attach you the acpidump file, tell me if you need another one.

Also with latest version 1.85.1661 i got another result for this acpi table:

cap4b.png

Regards,

acpidump.txt

if you enable the run with nvidia context menu item (from the nvcp) you should be able to start aida64 with the nvidia gpu enabled.

When i right click the AIDA64 .exe and do "start with high performance nvidia graphics", it doesn't do anything (dont know why). If i setup the aida64.exe binary into the nvidia control pannel as dedicated nvidia card, it's working by default with nvidia gpu, but when i go into GPU tab into AIDA64 (latest version), i got this:

cap5w.png

So i got a wrong GPU usage, and also i cannot see the frequencies of CORE/SHADER/MEMORY whereas gpu-z or nvidia inspector can.

Also about the ACPI bug i was speaking into my last post, i updated the screenshot, check into the last post.

Regards

We'll do more test runs with an Optimus capable system as soon as we can get one. Maybe there's room for tweakings, although the way Optimus works, there may never be a perfect way to monitor the nVIDIA GPU as part of an Optimus system.

As for the ACPI issue, it is due to either a BIOS bug or a not-properly-written Windows 7 activation crack.

Ok, i see...but with GPU-Z i can switch to Intel IGD device and to the nvidia card, and it can display all the GPU information (frequency, temp...). I do not need to launch the gpuz.exe process as the nvidia graphic card (afaik).

About the ACPI issue, it's a brand new Asus laptop with windows 7 premium 64, no crack at all.

Regards,