Jump to content

fixed: Freezing PC when I open the System Stability Test (MSI B450 Tomahawk Max + Ryzen 5 3600 + Radeon R9 380)


Eray
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi i just wanted to try aida for stability test and when i try to open stability test window system freezes. Any Idea why ?   other stability test are working nicely (Ryzen Master, Cinebench 20 and CPU-z too and even Prime 95) 

Edit: Ryzen 5 3600 MB MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX newest BIOS  32GB RAM 3200Mhz CL16  and old R9 380

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Eray said:

Hi i just wanted to try aida for stability test and when i try to open stability test window system freezes. Any Idea why ?   other stability test are working nicely (Ryzen Master, Cinebench 20 and CPU-z too and even Prime 95) 

Edit: Ryzen 5 3600 MB MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX newest BIOS  32GB RAM 3200Mhz CL16  and old R9 380

1) Are you running the latest version of AIDA64, v6.20?

2) Do you have the latest drivers installed for your video card?

3) Does AIDA64 freeze when you go to the Computer / Sensor page?

4) Does AIDA64 freeze when you go to the Display / GPU page?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fiery said:

1) Are you running the latest version of AIDA64, v6.20?

2) Do you have the latest drivers installed for your video card?

3) Does AIDA64 freeze when you go to the Computer / Sensor page?

4) Does AIDA64 freeze when you go to the Display / GPU page?

 

1) Yes Downloaded and installed yesterday from official link

2) Yes Downloaded and installed from official AMD page

3) First time it didnt but second time it did freezed whole system 

4) NO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Eray said:

1) Yes Downloaded and installed yesterday from official link

2) Yes Downloaded and installed from official AMD page

3) First time it didnt but second time it did freezed whole system 

4) NO

Thank you!  Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> ATI GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> ATI SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.


Thanks,
Fiery

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

Thank you!  Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> ATI GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> ATI SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.


Thanks,
Fiery

Hi I added ATI GPU Registers file but ATI SMBus Dump freezed system so at least I took picture :) then it automaticaly restarted as always when it freezes

IMG_20200322_111251.jpg

atigpureg.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2020 at 11:23 AM, Eray said:

Hi I added ATI GPU Registers file but ATI SMBus Dump freezed system so at least I took picture :) then it automaticaly restarted as always when it freezes

IMG_20200322_111251.jpg

atigpureg.txt 44.94 kB · 1 download

Thank you!  Can you please try the ATI SMBus Dump again, but this time make a photo that would show the bottom status bar of AIDA64 window as well?  Where it says "Trying ATI I2C Device GPU #1 / B..."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you!  Can you please try the ATI SMBus Dump again, but this time make a photo that would show the bottom status bar of AIDA64 window as well?  Where it says "Trying ATI I2C Device GPU #1 / B..."

ok here it is 

IMG_20200329_193859.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you!  Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

ok so I dowloaded it form link and because its an standalone version there is no upgrading or is there? :)  

And its still freezing same as before but on different code in ATI SMBus Dump : Trying ATI I2C Device GPU #1 / B07 - D00...

I tried to add photo as before but its too big so I could not :D 

 

Edit: so I edit the foto here it is I guess bottom status bar might be enough.

IMG_20200331_165201 mala.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 5:02 PM, Eray said:

ok so I dowloaded it form link and because its an standalone version there is no upgrading or is there? :)  

And its still freezing same as before but on different code in ATI SMBus Dump : Trying ATI I2C Device GPU #1 / B07 - D00...

I tried to add photo as before but its too big so I could not :D 

Edit: so I edit the foto here it is I guess bottom status bar might be enough.

Thank you for checking it.  Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

I hope it now works 100% fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you for checking it.  Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

I hope it now works 100% fine.

Ok i have tested it and firstly system stability test seems to be working now but  Computer / Sensor page is still freezing system and ATI SMBus Dump too freezes so if you want I will attach picture again :)

IMG_20200404_191445 mala.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, Eray said:

Ok i have tested it and firstly system stability test seems to be working now but  Computer / Sensor page is still freezing system and ATI SMBus Dump too freezes so if you want I will attach picture again :)

IMG_20200404_191445 mala.jpg

Thank you.  Something strange is going on there.  I suspect another monitoring software or service keeps polling the SMBus of your video card, and that collides with AIDA64, which eventually causes the lockup.  Do you think might have such a software running in the background?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you.  Something strange is going on there.  I suspect another monitoring software or service keeps polling the SMBus of your video card, and that collides with AIDA64, which eventually causes the lockup.  Do you think might have such a software running in the background?

Hi I did turn off only one monitoring software I had running in background and it is CoreTemp ver. 1.15.1 and it seems to be ok interenstingly even the original version of AIDA  v6.20.5300 is working just fine.  I didnt think it would be problem because its only CPU monitoring software and I thought it would be connected with graphics card. But it looks like it did  :) Iam really happy it looks like solved and working fine. Thank you for your help with diagnostic and solving this problem and I hope it wasnt too much inconvinience.   Eray. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 4:53 PM, Eray said:

Hi I did turn off only one monitoring software I had running in background and it is CoreTemp ver. 1.15.1 and it seems to be ok interenstingly even the original version of AIDA  v6.20.5300 is working just fine.  I didnt think it would be problem because its only CPU monitoring software and I thought it would be connected with graphics card. But it looks like it did  :) Iam really happy it looks like solved and working fine. Thank you for your help with diagnostic and solving this problem and I hope it wasnt too much inconvinience.   Eray. 

Thank you for letting us know about the resolution.  We'll contact the authors of CoreTemp to make sure they implement the necessary synchronizing mutexes to avoid such issues in the future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/6/2020 at 5:53 PM, Eray said:

Hi I did turn off only one monitoring software I had running in background and it is CoreTemp ver. 1.15.1 and it seems to be ok interenstingly even the original version of AIDA  v6.20.5300 is working just fine.  I didnt think it would be problem because its only CPU monitoring software and I thought it would be connected with graphics card. But it looks like it did  :) Iam really happy it looks like solved and working fine. Thank you for your help with diagnostic and solving this problem and I hope it wasnt too much inconvinience.   Eray. 

Hi, I'm the author of Core Temp, and I've sent you a PM with a test version to try and see if this problem has been properly fixed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, The Coolest said:

Hi, I'm the author of Core Temp, and I've sent you a PM with a test version to try and see if this problem has been properly fixed.

Hi tested the fix and its working nicely without any issue.  Thanks for helping me to fix this guys.

Eray.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 6:42 PM, The Coolest said:

Hi, I'm the author of Core Temp, and I've sent you a PM with a test version to try and see if this problem has been properly fixed.

Thank you for your quick response and awareness about this issue!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2020 at 3:07 PM, Samir Pio said:

Hey guys. Im having a HUGE problem with AIDA64. my pc its 100% locked. its sooo slow. I cant do anything! how do i repair this problem? only formating the whole thing? ty

Please avoid posting a single issue into multiple topics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...