More than one sensor panel

ZC.Sulima

I understand from reading some of the threads that the idea of having more than one active sensor panel was considered in the past, but was abandoned due to the complexity of coding which would be necessary to have it implemented.

How about the ability to run more than one instance of AIDA64?  I have tried all the tricks available in Windows 10 and known to me, inclusive of creating additional user accounts and trying to spin up separate instances of AIDA64 residing in their own, unique folders via Windows' "run as a different user" facility, but came up short.  It seems that AIDA64 insists on having only one instance running, no matter what I try.

Is there a trick that I am not aware of to make something like this happen?  I would love to have two sensor panels (one dedicated to general monitoring, and another one of significance to overclocking activities) with the ability to display them on different local monitors, and with the ability to turn them on-and-off at will.  I.E.: off-off, on-off, off-on and on-on for panels 1 and 2.

I think I could accomplish something similar by using virtual machine(s), but would prefer to avoid VMs for the sake of simplicity.

Is this possible?

-zc-

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 4:55 PM, ZC.Sulima said:

I understand from reading some of the threads that the idea of having more than one active sensor panel was considered in the past, but was abandoned due to the complexity of coding which would be necessary to have it implemented.

How about the ability to run more than one instance of AIDA64?  I have tried all the tricks available in Windows 10 and known to me, inclusive of creating additional user accounts and trying to spin up separate instances of AIDA64 residing in their own, unique folders via Windows' "run as a different user" facility, but came up short.  It seems that AIDA64 insists on having only one instance running, no matter what I try.

Is there a trick that I am not aware of to make something like this happen?  I would love to have two sensor panels (one dedicated to general monitoring, and another one of significance to overclocking activities) with the ability to display them on different local monitors, and with the ability to turn them on-and-off at will.  I.E.: off-off, on-off, off-on and on-on for panels 1 and 2.

I think I could accomplish something similar by using virtual machine(s), but would prefer to avoid VMs for the sake of simplicity.

Is this possible?

-zc-

Running more than one instance would be possible, but you wouldn't be able to use the kernel driver (and so all the low-level features of AIDA64) in the secondary, tertiary (etc) instances since AIDA64 kernel driver can only be used by the process that loaded it first.  So even if we enabled the use of multiple instances, it wouldn't be useful for your purposes I'm afraid.

I know it's not the best advice, and also it would cost you money, but picking one (or even more than one) external LCD screen would enable you to use the LCD facility of AIDA64 and effectively double or triple the amount of "SensorPanels" you can use at any given time.  For example, if you picked up a BeadaPanel, you could place your secondary readings on it using the same layout editor that you use for SensorPanel.

10 hours ago, Fiery said:

Running more than one instance would be possible, but you wouldn't be able to use the kernel driver (and so all the low-level features of AIDA64) in the secondary, tertiary (etc) instances since AIDA64 kernel driver can only be used by the process that loaded it first.  So even if we enabled the use of multiple instances, it wouldn't be useful for your purposes I'm afraid.

I know it's not the best advice, and also it would cost you money, but picking one (or even more than one) external LCD screen would enable you to use the LCD facility of AIDA64 and effectively double or triple the amount of "SensorPanels" you can use at any given time.  For example, if you picked up a BeadaPanel, you could place your secondary readings on it using the same layout editor that you use for SensorPanel.

Thanks.

Is it possible to have AIDA64 broadcast on more than one HTTP port?

-zc-

7 hours ago, ZC.Sulima said:

Thanks.

Is it possible to have AIDA64 broadcast on more than one HTTP port?

-zc-

No, only one, via the RemoteSensor module.  For a more advanced solution you need to develop your own HTTP server and process the readings exported by the External Application module of AIDA64.

• 11 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread here, but i'm building a computer with 2 sensor panels. I'm new to AIDA64, but the idea hit me that it should be possible to have 2 sensor panels. Just make the software panel in aida64 of double lenght, and have one raspberry pi display the left side of the interface, and one pi display the other side. All that has to be possible is for two raspberrys to be able to receive the same signal. Also, if one can find the right boot commands for the pi so it snaps correctly. Anyone who tried this already? Edit: Or, if it's not possible to use more than one Pi, find a way to use the second hdmi port on a Pi 4 and extend the window over both.

• 1 year later...

I realise this is an old post - but you can enable the Sensor Panel AND enable RemoteSensor via LCD setting.

That way you can then have 2 different layouts, on 2 different screens.  One via the Sensor Panel itself which you move to your chosen display, and then open web browser, goto 127.0.0.1, and move that browser window to other chosen display.

FWIW I'm in the middle of writing a small app specifically to load the RemoteSensor in a standalone panel app rather than faffing with browser windows

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2022 at 8:12 PM, IAmOrion said:

I realise this is an old post - but you can enable the Sensor Panel AND enable RemoteSensor via LCD setting.

That way you can then have 2 different layouts, on 2 different screens.  One via the Sensor Panel itself which you move to your chosen display, and then open web browser, goto 127.0.0.1, and move that browser window to other chosen display.

FWIW I'm in the middle of writing a small app specifically to load the RemoteSensor in a standalone panel app rather than faffing with browser windows

Hey were you able to finish that program?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...