Memory write benchmark = 0 MB/s

tistou77

Hi

I test AIDA64 and I think there is a bug with the memory benchmark (write)

and also, with Everest's benchmark was unreliable because it was the benchs mono thread, I think is like AIDA64

is this an update is planned for the memory benchmark is OK (multi thread)?

1) We'll check what's up with the memory write benchmark. However, this issue seems to apply to only Gulftown processors.

2) Why would you think AIDA64 memory benchmarks would be "unreliable", just because they're not multi-threaded?

1) ok thank you;)

with the benchmark Everest, no problem with the write

2) I read everywhere that the benchmark Everest (AIDA64 now) did not provide actual values (on X58 platform) compared to other software (Stream Benchmark for example) and that it could be because that AIDA64 is only mono thread for the benchmark

2) I read everywhere that the benchmark Everest (AIDA64 now) did not provide actual values (on X58 platform) compared to other software (Stream Benchmark for example) and that it could be because that AIDA64 is only mono thread for the benchmark

Quite frankly, that's an exaggeration that it would "not provide actual values". It's true, that our memory benchmarks are single-threaded, and that it's a different approach to measuring memory bandwidth than what certain other software use. However, it is no less than a useful benchmark, and it can be used to compare performance of various systems, or to measure a performance gain of a hardware upgrade, or the performance gain when you overclock or fine-tune your PC.

We've already started developing multi-threaded memory benchmarks, but they're lower on our priority list than certain other improvements, e.g. brand new CPU benchmark methods, auto-update feature, or GPGPU benchmarks. We do feel that there's a room for improvement about our memory benchmarks, but we don't reckon the existing benchmarks to be useless or crippled at all. Our technology partners (incl. Intel Corporation) happily use the existing memory benchmarks for various purposes in their labs, and that alone proves that they're indeed reliable and useful :)