Power value (Cascade Lake-X / X299)

tistou77

On 6/19/2020 at 2:09 PM, tistou77 said:

Hello

Is it possible to have the power value "correctly" like SIV 64 (The highest value) ?

Thanks

I'm not sure what correctly means and why would AIDA64 show the highest measured value.  I'm also not sure how one CPU core could possibly draw cca. 250-300 Watts (as shown by SIV64).

39 minutes ago, Fiery said:

I'm not sure what correctly means and why would AIDA64 show the highest measured value.  I'm also not sure how one CPU core could possibly draw cca. 250-300 Watts (as shown by SIV64).

It must be the maximum "full" CPU consumption
@ 4.6ghz = 300W
@ 4.1ghz 250W

The other monitoring reports 300W too
Just Aida64 which is too low (125W)

15 hours ago, tistou77 said:

It must be the maximum "full" CPU consumption
@ 4.6ghz = 300W
@ 4.1ghz 250W

The other monitoring reports 300W too
Just Aida64 which is too low (125W)

Minimum, maximum and average values are shown on the Statistics tab of AIDA64 System Stability Test.  You can also use the Logging facility to track minimum, maximum and average values.

As for 250W/300W vs. 125W, my point was that I don't think a single core (as shown by SIV64) can draw 250-300W on your CPU -- or any CPU for that matter.  And when a reported value seems way off, I tend to completely ignore the values.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2020 at 9:40 AM, tistou77 said:

Ah I understand, the good value is CPU package
CPU value does not match anything

Unlike SIV64X or other monitoring, Aida64 does not indicate the correct value (CPU Package) if the SVID option is not enabled

"CPU" power is provided by the sensor chip of certain Asus motherboards.  It could be a challenge to puzzle it together what that value actually means :)  We just show it because it is definitely a meaningful value and related to the CPU, but its accuracy has to be researched and evaluated by the user.

1 minute ago, Fiery said:

"CPU" power is provided by the sensor chip of certain Asus motherboards.  It could be a challenge to puzzle it together what that value actually means :)  We just show it because it is definitely a meaningful value and related to the CPU, but its accuracy has to be researched and evaluated by the user.

Ok thanks,

With the Rampage VI Extreme Encore, I no longer have this value, it's good for me (no real need to have it)