Asus x470-f EC sensors not showing on Aida64 anymore (Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming)

platonas

Hi,

I have the asus strix x470-f with 5601 bios and an outdated version of aida64(from the start of 2020).

Chipset and Tsensor(watercooling loop temp for me) temps have stopped showing for a while now and I assumed it was from getting bios updates and not updating aida.

• Installed latest beta (6.25.5462) and the problem persists.
  • Asus Wmi and EC support are enabled (as i always had).

Later i found out the following topic with the same problem(with olded bios than mine) that you are claiming to be an Asus issue , but sensors are showing in aisuite,hardwareinfo and other programs and only aida64 doesn`t seem to find them .

On 8/9/2020 at 3:02 PM, platonas said:

Hi,

I have the asus strix x470-f with 5601 bios and an outdated version of aida64(from the start of 2020).

Chipset and Tsensor(watercooling loop temp for me) temps have stopped showing for a while now and I assumed it was from getting bios updates and not updating aida.

• Installed latest beta (6.25.5462) and the problem persists.
  • Asus Wmi and EC support are enabled (as i always had).

Later i found out the following topic with the same problem(with olded bios than mine) that you are claiming to be an Asus issue , but sensors are showing in aisuite,hardwareinfo and other programs and only aida64 doesn`t seem to find them .

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Embedded Controller Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

On 8/11/2020 at 8:33 PM, platonas said:

Thank you, those seem to be normal.  Can you please post a screenshot of the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64, showing all sensor readings ideally on a single picture?  Or, you can use the right-click context menu on the Sensor page to copy the data to the Clipboard and paste it here, into the topic.

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, platonas said:

Updated my bios to new 5603 and everything works.Still it seems strange that 1 bios version works...the next doesn`t, next works and the cyrcle repeats.

Also seems strange that hardware info and asus software can always read the sensors .

HWiNFO may use the direct method that collides with the motherboard BIOS.  Asus' own software also digs deeper, but we have no information on what it does exactly and how can it be more accurate than the Asus WMI ACPI interface.