Fan controler and waterflow sensor

Vanse

I am looking for advise on which parts to use.

I have 1 2 loop water cooled system and am stuck on 2 points.

The cpu loop works well. I have the pump speed ramp up based on CPU temp and the fans ramp up based on coolant temp.

The problem is with the GPU loop.

I control the fans with the bios (MSI 490 godlike) and there is no way to set the pump fan connection to follow the gpu temp in bios. So I need a software controller that can work with aida64 and link to the GPU temp.

I have tried nzxt grid+ and corsair commander pro.

The nzxt does not control the pump correctly (ekwb pump) it sees it a a voltage not pwm  connection and does not change speed.

The corsair commander conflicts with aida64 and I don't want to shut it down to monitor the system as I want to use it for rgb control.

Also looking for a water flow sensor that will work with aida64

Thanks

Andrew

Update,

Argus monitor it working for controlling fans/pump connected to the MB, I am experimenting with how well it will controll the grid+.

I have a couple butspower flow sensors on the way and will update on how those work out. 

Argus monitor has an option for arduino based fan/temp sensor monitoring/control. Does Aida64 have any support for monitoring a arduino based solution?

On 10/9/2020 at 5:31 PM, Vanse said:

I am looking for advise on which parts to use.

I have 1 2 loop water cooled system and am stuck on 2 points.

The cpu loop works well. I have the pump speed ramp up based on CPU temp and the fans ramp up based on coolant temp.

The problem is with the GPU loop.

I control the fans with the bios (MSI 490 godlike) and there is no way to set the pump fan connection to follow the gpu temp in bios. So I need a software controller that can work with aida64 and link to the GPU temp.

I have tried nzxt grid+ and corsair commander pro.

The nzxt does not control the pump correctly (ekwb pump) it sees it a a voltage not pwm  connection and does not change speed.

The corsair commander conflicts with aida64 and I don't want to shut it down to monitor the system as I want to use it for rgb control.

Also looking for a water flow sensor that will work with aida64

Thanks

Andrew

Update,

Argus monitor it working for controlling fans/pump connected to the MB, I am experimenting with how well it will controll the grid+.

I have a couple butspower flow sensors on the way and will update on how those work out. 

Argus monitor has an option for arduino based fan/temp sensor monitoring/control. Does Aida64 have any support for monitoring a arduino based solution?

We don't have generic support for Arduino based sensors, but in case it's a standard solution, we can talk about it :)

As for pump/fan controllers, AFAIK aquacomputer is one of those companies that offers such products that work flawlessly with AIDA64.

• 6 months later...

For closed loops pump speed is not that crucial. It may be easier to just set it to a constant and leave it. Increasing pump flow will not have much impact on cooling. It is about air flow over your rads that is going to make most of the difference. because that is how you get the heat out of the loop.  The water is already flowing fast through your blocks and faster flow is not going to remove more heat.