Philips 58pus8535 wrong data

ivanldd

Hi. I bought a TV Philips 58pus8535/12. Philips says it has 3 Gb of RAM, 16 Gb internal storage and a MT5597 soc. However, when I run AIDA64 on it, it appears only 2Gb RAM, 5 Gb available storage and MT5887. I also run CPU-Z with same result.

They say 1Gb of RAM is reserved for several things (NF zone, BT battery, OSD...) and 11Gb of internal storage for operating system and other things.

Is it possible that I can't see that 1Gb of RAM anywhere? Or those 11Gb in a root folder or somewhere else? Because I cannot.

Is it possible that AIDA64 can't show MT5597 and only reads MT5887?

Or is Philips lying to us about its hardware?

Thank you very much.

On 10/10/2020 at 2:11 PM, ivanldd said:

Hi. I bought a TV Philips 58pus8535/12. Philips says it has 3 Gb of RAM, 16 Gb internal storage and a MT5597 soc. However, when I run AIDA64 on it, it appears only 2Gb RAM, 5 Gb available storage and MT5887. I also run CPU-Z with same result.

They say 1Gb of RAM is reserved for several things (NF zone, BT battery, OSD...) and 11Gb of internal storage for operating system and other things.

Is it possible that I can't see that 1Gb of RAM anywhere? Or those 11Gb in a root folder or somewhere else? Because I cannot.

Is it possible that AIDA64 can't show MT5597 and only reads MT5887?

Or is Philips lying to us about its hardware?

Thank you very much.

MediaTek can be confusing about what values they encode to various places of the Android profile about their SoC's.  I wouldn't mind about how it's called but rather focus on how many cores it's specified to have at what clock frequency, and whether those values can be seen properly on the CPU page in AIDA64.

As for RAM size, indeed there could be a portion reserved for other purposes, although 1/3 of the RAM size reserved sounds a bit excessive.

As for internal storage, sadly a lot of space is reserved on many devices for the Linux kernel and its files, for Android system files and system apps (built-in apps), and also for the recovery partition.  That's why modern Android installations wouldn't really fit on anything less than a 10GB storage :(  

Thank you very much for your answer.

It is a bit weird, other tv brands, such as Xiaomi, they say to have 2Gb RAM and 8Gb storage and, more or less, it is what appears on AIDA64. But the difference in Philips tv is enormous, even more referring to RAM.