Plugin support

damonbrodie

I've got a motherboard that doesn't support temp sensors - I'd like to monitor my coolant temperature in my closed loop.  I can easily put together an Arduino that monitors a temp sensor.  Is there any way I can get this into Aida64?

For example I could output every second (or whatever) the temp on the USB COM port, or I could write a small DLL that reads the value from the Arduino and exposes a public method for reading the value.

I've searched through the forums but I don't see much in the way of this kind of support.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Damon

9 hours ago, damonbrodie said:

I've got a motherboard that doesn't support temp sensors - I'd like to monitor my coolant temperature in my closed loop.  I can easily put together an Arduino that monitors a temp sensor.  Is there any way I can get this into Aida64?

For example I could output every second (or whatever) the temp on the USB COM port, or I could write a small DLL that reads the value from the Arduino and exposes a public method for reading the value.

I've searched through the forums but I don't see much in the way of this kind of support.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Damon

Currently there's no support for such custom thermal sensors, but in case you come up with an implementation that we can support from AIDA64, it would be our pleasure to add it.  There are various ways to get a value to AIDA64, a DLL or a shared memory region may be best out of those.  You can also write the value to the Registry at a certain path or go WMI.  Out of those Registry and WMI are the least ideal in terms of performance and system overhead though.

If you go DLL, make sure to develop both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of it too.  AIDA64 currently can load a 32-bit DLL but other applications may need a 64-bit DLL to work with.

• 4 months later...

HI,

I'm doing exactly the same thing with temp sensors and arduino, I have my code and serial port working but I can't write it at the win registry.. How can I write the COM value into the registry? I've tried a lot of things and couldn't find a way to do it! Can you help me?

tnks! 

On 3/20/2021 at 9:10 PM, Mazzarotto said:

HI,

I'm doing exactly the same thing with temp sensors and arduino, I have my code and serial port working but I can't write it at the win registry.. How can I write the COM value into the registry? I've tried a lot of things and couldn't find a way to do it! Can you help me?

tnks! 

I'm not sure where you got stuck.  I've never tried to develop for Arduino, so I'm not even sure what programming language and what kind of development environment are you using :(   Due to all that, I may not be the guy that could give you a hand about this.

• Sad 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 4:16 PM, Mazzarotto said:

Hi,

I'll keep trying to figure it out and if I find something I'll post ir here :D but I don't have much hope on this project.. :( afterall I'm not a programmer..

But tnks for your reply :P (and excuse my bad English :unsure:).

What you need to do is write a program to run on the PC that reads the value sent over the COM port and then write that to the registry. Or as was pointed out by @Fiery write that value into shared memory. The other option is to write a DLL that gets loaded by AIDA64 that reads the value from the COM port and makes it available to AIDA64.

I'm looking to write a DLL for something that I want to be able to monitor in AIDA64 but I have not been able to find any good documentation on the process. If/when I get that figured out I could tackle writing a DLL for you.

• 1 year later...

GOD, I hope you boys figure out a way to do this! It would be nice to use a MOBO without a temp sensor, then just toss in a Octo add-on board from Aquacomputer, simply connect the temp sensor to a sensor inside a loop, then USB it to the motherboard, and WHAM! You can use AIDA64 plug-ins that also happen to display liquid coolant temps. This would literally change the life of THOUSANDS of water cooled users.  99.99% OF motherboards now days do NOT have 2-pin headers, and having the ability to toss in a small board with a sensor, connecting it to the mobo, and having this ability would be A GAME CHANGER. 

• 9 months later...