Sugestions - more customer gauges

Betão

I'm new here but I would also like to make some suggestions. I hope I'm not repeating something.

- Increase or unlimit the "STATES" in the Custom Gauges section so that the user can place as many PNGs as desired, making the gauges more fluid?

- Place variables equal to the BAR section in other sections (sensor / gauges). Could we change the color on the sensors and, on the Gaugues, alternate PNGs?

thanks

5 hours ago, Betão said:

I'm new here but I would also like to make some suggestions. I hope I'm not repeating something.

- Increase or unlimit the "STATES" in the Custom Gauges section so that the user can place as many PNGs as desired, making the gauges more fluid?

- Place variables equal to the BAR section in other sections (sensor / gauges). Could we change the color on the sensors and, on the Gaugues, alternate PNGs?

thanks

1) IMHO increasing the number of states would make it very tedious to come up with that many of individual state images.  That's why we prefer to keep it at a managable level.

2) PNG images cannot be altered by AIDA64, so it's not possible to add shadow, gradient or other tricks to them.  Bars are rendered by AIDA64 itself, which gives us a lot more freedom in manipulating them.

2 hours ago, Fiery said:

1) IMHO increasing the number of states would make it very tedious to come up with that many of individual state images.  That's why we prefer to keep it at a managable level.

2) PNG images cannot be altered by AIDA64, so it's not possible to add shadow, gradient or other tricks to them.  Bars are rendered by AIDA64 itself, which gives us a lot more freedom in manipulating them.

I thank you for your considerations but I meant the possibility of changing between 2 PNG at certain points (for example, I create 2 buttons - 1 blue and 1 red - in PNG format and at the previously defined temperature of that sensor, AIDA change one PNG over the other.

35 minutes ago, XeRiZeR said:

Would be nice to be able to set a selected value for about 5 or 10 of the states in a custom gauge. Don' know if that could be posible. 

It is precisely what I would like to avoid. The fewer the number of PNGs available, the less fluid the gauge movement will be. 

Perhaps the best idea would be for the user to be able to choose how many PNG files he wants to mount his gauge with.

29 minutes ago, Betão said:

I thank you for your considerations but I meant the possibility of changing between 2 PNG at certain points (for example, I create 2 buttons - 1 blue and 1 red - in PNG format and at the previously defined temperature of that sensor, AIDA change one PNG over the other.

I think with custom gauge states you can do that.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, Fiery said:

I agree that the states are very limited, 15 is simply not enough to make a fluid design.  PLEASE create an option that allows the user to choose how many states they want for that specific item.  If they want 15 fine, if they want 30..that should be allowed.  Users can manage their own level of how tedious their gauge/animation will be.  In fact, when using programs like Adobe After Effects to make these images...it's incredibly simple.   It's also an EASY UI change.  See image.

Spec.png

• Like 2

@Fiery

Also, it might make it more fluid to not skip states during animations.  For example, a CPU can spike 50% instantly just  when processing and the next second go down to 5% load.  Aida64 loads states based on usage, but ignores the rest of previous states when usage is reduced. This makes for a very jagged effect. Like a car gauge, the RPM gauge when the engine stops the gauge winds down even thought the engine is not on anymore. The RPM gauge doesn't instantly go to 0RPM it takes a second. Having Aida load the states beneath the one that was loaded in would create a nice fluid effect.  Some people may not like it this way...make it an option "Fluid States"

• Like 1