More sensor options for GTX 580

Bitgod

And this might not be 580 specific, but I just got one so that's what I'm working with. I'd love to see more sensor options available in the app. I can get more info out of the EVGA Precision and GPU-Z apps than what shows up in AIDA. Specificly the stat I'd like to be able to have in my LCD panel the most is the fan speed percentage. It at least shows the tach, but I'd rather see the percentage that both of the other apps show. The GPU core power reading gets rounded off in AIDA, it's showing up as 0.96 on my LCD, but in GPU-Z it shows as 0.957, I'd prefer a more accurate reading. And it'd be nifty, but not the end of the world if it doesn't get in, to see the VDDC Power reading in GPU-Z show up in AIDA so I could see the watts used.

The GPU core power reading gets rounded off in AIDA, it's showing up as 0.96 on my LCD, but in GPU-Z it shows as 0.957, I'd prefer a more accurate reading.

Have you set the decimal digits limit to beyond 2 in your aida64 Preferences>Hardware Monitoring

If it is still at 2, change to 3 or higher if you want to be really really really specific.

I do not know if that will carry over to the LCD since I do not have the equipment to verify. It is worth a shot.

You can also in preferences, go into Hardware Monitoring>Update Frequency and you can adjust how frequent the readings get updated.

Have you set the decimal digits limit to beyond 2 in your aida64 Preferences>Hardware Monitoring

If it is still at 2, change to 3 or higher if you want to be really really really specific.

I do not know if that will carry over to the LCD since I do not have the equipment to verify. It is worth a shot.

You can also in preferences, go into Hardware Monitoring>Update Frequency and you can adjust how frequent the readings get updated.

Hmmm, good news / bad news. That was the right thing to fix the numbers, I'm getting more detailed numbers. Unfortunately AIDA and GPU-Z differ on the reading, so who knows who's right. GPU-Z is reading .957 and AIDA is reading .963. New HW, so I can't really expect SW to be up to date yet, GPU-Z hasn't updated since the 580 came out, so they could be wrong for all I know.

Hmmm, fired up EVGA's OC Scanner and it shows the VDDC, it's closer to AIDA. Right now GPU-Z says .955, OC Scanner says .962, and AIDA says .963

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1165vs6mnwy3qxzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

In this beta we've added the following new sensor items on GeForce GTX 580:

- GPU fan duty cycle (%)

- GPU +12V voltage

- GPU VRM voltage

- GPU VRM current

- GPU VRM power

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1165vs6mnwy3qxzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

In this beta we've added the following new sensor items on GeForce GTX 580:

- GPU fan duty cycle (%)

- GPU +12V voltage

- GPU VRM voltage

- GPU VRM current

- GPU VRM power

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

Looks good so far, the numbers seem to match up between the apps, the only one that is slightly off is the +12 on GPU-Z shows a little higher at times, but it seems more like a rounding up issue on their part.

sensor.png

About the only thing that might help would be some of the name tags. Don't know if you have a better way to label the VDDC/VRM names, but ideally something a little clearer would be better. It's OK enough in that screen since you can see the V/A/W after the numbers, but it's not as clear when trying to setup something like the LCD screens. I mean, it's not hard, but it could just be clearer rather than seeing 3 GPU VRMs listed in the LCD setup. Same thing with the GPU Fans, it's not known which GPU reading is which without looking somewhere else when setting up the LCD.

And it wasn't clear what MC and VE utilization was, I had to check GPU-Z, but maybe that's just me.

That's pretty much my nitpicks, as far as the readings, they seem to work fine, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

About the only thing that might help would be some of the name tags. Don't know if you have a better way to label the VDDC/VRM names, but ideally something a little clearer would be better. It's OK enough in that screen since you can see the V/A/W after the numbers, but it's not as clear when trying to setup something like the LCD screens. I mean, it's not hard, but it could just be clearer rather than seeing 3 GPU VRMs listed in the LCD setup. Same thing with the GPU Fans, it's not known which GPU reading is which without looking somewhere else when setting up the LCD.

It's true that on the Sensor page you cannot adjust labels. But on the LCD you can rename all the labels, so I'm not sure what feature do you miss about the LCD setup ;)