PC freezes in games while running AIDA64 w/ RX 5700 XT (Adrenalin 2020 20.12.x issue)

hexOblivione

I'm curious if anyone has experienced this specifically with a 5700 XT.  I used to run AIDA64 on my second monitor all the time while gaming on the first (I like to keep an eye on temps, etc.) and that never caused issues until I replaced my GPU with an RX 5700 XT.  Ever since then, I basically need to make sure AIDA64 is not running before gaming because if I don't the game will eventually just randomly freeze (the entire OS freezes, really, frozen mouse cursor, audio stutter until the buffer runs dry, etc.)  The box will just reboot if I let it stay in that frozen state without shutting down or rebooting myself.  No errors in the Windows event log at all.

Specs are:

MSI Gaming M7 AC, Ryzen 2700x, RX 5700 XT.

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2020 at 12:59 PM, hexOblivione said:

I'm curious if anyone has experienced this specifically with a 5700 XT.  I used to run AIDA64 on my second monitor all the time while gaming on the first (I like to keep an eye on temps, etc.) and that never caused issues until I replaced my GPU with an RX 5700 XT.  Ever since then, I basically need to make sure AIDA64 is not running before gaming because if I don't the game will eventually just randomly freeze (the entire OS freezes, really, frozen mouse cursor, audio stutter until the buffer runs dry, etc.)  The box will just reboot if I let it stay in that frozen state without shutting down or rebooting myself.  No errors in the Windows event log at all.

Specs are:

We're receiving reports about such issues with Radeon video cards.  The Adrenalin 2020 20.12 Series drivers seem to be the culprit, but so far we couldn't verify that theory on our own.  We're hoping that the Adrenalin 2021 drivers will be rolled out soon and that one will fix this issue.

• Fiery changed the title to PC freezes in games while running AIDA64 w/ RX 5700 XT (Adrenalin 2020 20.12.x issue)
On 12/7/2020 at 12:59 PM, hexOblivione said:

Specs are:

We've implemented further tweakings about AMD GPUs in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

Installed the latest beta and all seemed fixed, then crashed while gaming about a day later. Loaded it back up yesterday and has now been running about 24 hours with gaming and no crashes so far.

AIDA64 Version: 6.32.5620 beta

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

AMD Ryzen 2700x

MSI Radeon RX5500XT

Gskill Ripjawws 16GB(2x8GB) 3600Mhz

I have the same issue but with an older RX580 video card. Ryzen 5 2600 and an MSI B450 Tomahawk max MOBO. I tried the Aida64 Version: 6.32.5620 beta as Scot did but the computer froze at about 20 minutes. I'll let it run again and see if it cures itself.

Just updated driver to 21.2.1 and Aida Version: 6.32.5631 beta (Feb 02, 2021). Will edit or update in the next few days after some testing.

Edit: Feb 12,2021

I have had my pc crash and require a reboot 3 times now while Aida was running and playing Horizon Zero Dawn.

Edited by Scot Mickle
Update

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, Fiery said:

We've implemented further tweakings about AMD GPUs in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

just installed amd 21.3.1 for rx 6900 xt.  runing 5650 beta random crash wile doing anything, game web surfing etc. wen aid64 off no problem.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 1:27 PM, SpajdrEX said:

Greeting from AMD Vanguard team, could you please check if this issue also happens with 21.2.1 driver?
and let us know the results?

Could it be that 21.4.1 note about "AMD Crash Defender Preserves data and keeps your system running in some cases where your system may have otherwise experienced a crash or hang." could be solving something about this?

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2020 at 7:49 AM, Cjruizg said:

I'm experiencing the same problem with a 5600xt

Update. I changed my motherboard and CPU and this problem went away. 

For reference, the system that was giving me problems was: MSI x370 Gaming pro with Ryzen 7 2700x

I'm now using a B550 with a Ryzen 5 5600x