Supported PSU?

Grestorn

I've been using digital PSU's from Thermaltake for ages now. I like how they can be monitored through AIDA64. 

Unfortunately, my current PSU "Toughpower iRGB PLUS 850W Platinum" has issues with my new RTX 3090. The occasional hard reset right when the 3D mode kicks in, most likely caused by the PSU acting too fast on a power spike caused by the 3090. 

So I want to replace the PSU. I'm a bit fed up with TT, I thought my PSU should be easily enough for the RTX 3090. 

I don't want to lose the monitoring feature of AIDA64, so I'd like to get an alternative which can be monitored. 

Can you give me a list of current PSU models which can be monitored by AIDA64?

14 hours ago, Grestorn said:

I've been using digital PSU's from Thermaltake for ages now. I like how they can be monitored through AIDA64. 

Unfortunately, my current PSU "Toughpower iRGB PLUS 850W Platinum" has issues with my new RTX 3090. The occasional hard reset right when the 3D mode kicks in, most likely caused by the PSU acting too fast on a power spike caused by the 3090. 

So I want to replace the PSU. I'm a bit fed up with TT, I thought my PSU should be easily enough for the RTX 3090. 

I don't want to lose the monitoring feature of AIDA64, so I'd like to get an alternative which can be monitored. 

Can you give me a list of current PSU models which can be monitored by AIDA64?

Corsair AXi Series (only the older ones), Corsair HXi Series, Corsair RMi Series, Enermax Digifanless, Gigabyte Odin, Thermaltake DPS-G.  In theory we should be able to add support for other USB-connected smart PSU's as well, but I can only be more specific and claim that support can certainly be implemented once we acquired a PSU in question and we could check it out here in our labs.

Just between you and me, it would be awesome if there were a standard for PSU monitoring, much like how there's a finite number of sensor chips available for motherboard vendors.  Without an industry standard, everyone's doing their own thing in a way that is highly proprietary for not just for each manufacturer, but also for each PSU line for any given vendor :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 2:04 PM, Grestorn said:

Thanks, Fiery. 

And I totally agree. But since digital PSUs are still a bit of a rare curiosity, I doubt that will happen anytime soon. 

I agree :( When you got your new PSU and you find a software (which could be the manufacturer's own software too) that can monitor it via USB -- but without AIDA64 supporting it -- please let us know, and we'll try to push our luck to implement support for it.