Benchmark results / reporting

I have some questions regarding when I perform any of the benchmarks and my results appear along with reference results.

1. Where do the reference results come from?

2. How often are they updated?

3. Do my results get added to this list so others can see them? (I don't see any SUBMIT button)

20 hours ago, red454 said:

I have some questions regarding when I perform any of the benchmarks and my results appear along with reference results.

1. Where do the reference results come from?

2. How often are they updated?

3. Do my results get added to this list so others can see them? (I don't see any SUBMIT button)

1) Reference results are strictly obtained and managed by us.  Those systems are our reference systems that are kept unchanged if possible, both hardware- and software-wise.

2) We update the benchmark results for each reference system when they need to be updated.  If you meant to ask about the selection of systems, then we keep adding new ones as new platforms get introduced, and only rarely we remove (retire) a reference system.  At one point in the next few years we're going to retire all 32-bit only hardware, and probably some of the early 64-bit capable systems too.

3) You can submit reports, but we only add entries to the reference list that are obtained by us, under fully controlled circumstances.  That's to avoid overclocking, special tuning, cheating, and user errors or other anomalies.  By cheating and user error I don't mean you personally, of course ;)