Steelseries Apex 7 / TKL Keyboard LCD Unplug Issue

Michael O

Hello

I have aida64 set to output system info to the keyboards LCD panel which works fine. However, when I unplug the keyboard and re-connect the LCD panel does not display the AIda64 LCD panel anymore it defaults to steelseries logo. I then need to quit aida64 and reload it for the lcd panel to display. Is this expected behaviour?

2 hours ago, Michael O said:

Hello

I have aida64 set to output system info to the keyboards LCD panel which works fine. However, when I unplug the keyboard and re-connect the LCD panel does not display the AIda64 LCD panel anymore it defaults to steelseries logo. I then need to quit aida64 and reload it for the lcd panel to display. Is this expected behaviour?

No, it's not, since the SteelSeries LCD module supports hot-plug.  Do you have other SteelSeries-made USB devices connected perhaps?

I tried on another machine and the same issue occurs. The steelseries software profile loads, keyboard works, aida64 lcd works, reinsert the keyboard and the keyboard lights up, steelseries software profile loads but the aida64 lcd does not, i only get the steelseries logo on the lcd. The only way to get the lcd to show up is by restarting aida64.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:28 AM, Michael O said:

I tried on another machine and the same issue occurs. The steelseries software profile loads, keyboard works, aida64 lcd works, reinsert the keyboard and the keyboard lights up, steelseries software profile loads but the aida64 lcd does not, i only get the steelseries logo on the lcd. The only way to get the lcd to show up is by restarting aida64.

Thank you!  In order to accelerate fixing this bug, I've sent you an email about this.

1 minute ago, Michael O said:

Thanks. Just tried it and it works. You and the team are amazing!

Thank you for your help!  The fix will be added to the next AIDA64 beta update.  As it turns out, a similar bug plagued the Elgato and EVGA LCD modules as well, so we've fixed all three at once :)