rtx 3080 vram temp

hello everyone

i am new here and i have just bought the license in order to make a sensor panel.
it is turning out pretty good, but i cannot add a sensor for the vram temp of my gpu (which i can see in other apps like hwmonitor)

since i'm doing some mining recently, that is quite an important sensor.

does anyone know how to get it to work?

specs:

msi rtx 3080 suprim x
strix b450-f
[i dont think anything else is relevant]

• Like 1

On 3/20/2021 at 11:33 AM, Cristian Baldi said:

hello everyone

i am new here and i have just bought the license in order to make a sensor panel.
it is turning out pretty good, but i cannot add a sensor for the vram temp of my gpu (which i can see in other apps like hwmonitor)

since i'm doing some mining recently, that is quite an important sensor.

does anyone know how to get it to work?

specs:

msi rtx 3080 suprim x
strix b450-f
[i dont think anything else is relevant]

I'd like the same feature added to Aida64 Extreme.

HWInfo does include sensor data for GPU Memory Junction Temperature (which is the VRAM temp) and is very useful for my MSI Gaming X Trio 3090.

I would love to be able to add this data to my Aida64 SensorPanel.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yup, I was about to buy this software but am doing some due diligence, all their screen shots doesn't show anything useful. 

Thank you guys for stopping me from wasting my money.

GPU VRAM or GPU Memory Junction Temperature should go hand in hand with GPU temp.  No VRAM means your GFX card is fried, so gotta make sure to keep this at a good temp.

I quite like Aida64: especially the SensorPanel and LCD option to stream the SensorPanel via a browser.

If only they would add the VRAM/GPU Memory Junction Temp . . .

As it is now I run both Aida64 and HWInfo, and use HWInfo for the VRAM temp -- but having it all in Aida64 would be better!

Yup, the sensor panel would have been the ONLY reason why I would have gotten this piece of software.

Don't know what you're using for mining, but NiceHash Quick Miner shows VRAM temps as well as GPU temps in your web browser and mobile app so you can monitor when you're away.  As well as seeing your hashrates in realtime in app and browser, you can use their browsers OCTuner remotely to tune your gfx card.  It's like MSI After Burner, but from a web browser.

Anyhow, didn't mean to rock the boat in terms of any buyers remorse.  Hopefully they'll add VRAM temps in and we'll all be happy :)

On 4/1/2021 at 8:56 AM, Fabiomaster said:

There is 2 add sensor in HWinfo.

1. GPU Memory Junction Temperature

2. GPU Hot Spot Temperature

There is possible to switch this on aida sensor panel ?

We're working on adding those measurements to AIDA64...

• Like 2

On 3/27/2021 at 9:51 PM, cblue said:

Yup, I was about to buy this software but am doing some due diligence, all their screen shots doesn't show anything useful. 

Thank you guys for stopping me from wasting my money.

GPU VRAM or GPU Memory Junction Temperature should go hand in hand with GPU temp.  No VRAM means your GFX card is fried, so gotta make sure to keep this at a good temp.

then put you hand in your pocket and water cool it :D simples

21 hours ago, thorleo said:

same! My sensorpanel is ready.. :)

Here's the first AIDA64 beta to measure Hotspot and VRAM temperature for nVIDIA video cards:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

@40rty@Amer Atya Alnomany@Mrmike@Chan Huang@pasgener@Neomail@Fabiomaster@cblue@Cristian Baldi

• Like 2

So far so good!  Works for my PCs that have 3090 and 1070 video cards.  The Aida64 VRAM temp matches the HWInfo GPU Memory Junction value for my 3090, and the Aida64 GPU Hotspot value matches the HWInfo GPU Hotspot value for my 1070.

This is a great addition and is now featured on my SensorPanels.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 7:23 AM, Fiery said:

Here's the first AIDA64 beta to measure Hotspot and VRAM temperature for nVIDIA video cards:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

@40rty@Amer Atya Alnomany@Mrmike@Chan Huang@pasgener@Neomail@Fabiomaster@cblue@Cristian Baldi

Fiery, 

I just want to thank you for your efforts. Apologies for the late reply but I installed the BETA and sure enough I now have Memory Junction Temp on my Sensor panel now. It works great and I can also confirm that its the same values as what HWinfo64 shows. Thank you and job well done. 

On 5/8/2021 at 9:23 AM, 40rty said:

Fiery, 

I just want to thank you for your efforts. Apologies for the late reply but I installed the BETA and sure enough I now have Memory Junction Temp on my Sensor panel now. It works great and I can also confirm that its the same values as what HWinfo64 shows. Thank you and job well done. 

Thank you for your feedback!

• 5 months later...

I just updated to the beta.

For my Strix 2080 Super I can choose GPU Diode / GPU Hotspot / VRM as temp sensors regarding the GPU.

HW Monitor shows Diode on 42, Memory on 48 and Hotspot on 52.

If I choose the Hotspot sensor, the value matches HWMonitor, but if I choose the VRM sensor, it shows 40 instead of 48.

Can anyone help, am I using the wrong sensor for the Memory?

image.jpg