Memory usage in AIDA64 System Stability Test

I'm wondering why the stability test for memory doesn't actually use much memory according to windows task manager.

I'd have expected a memory test to actually use memory or have I got it all wrong lol

I've overclocked ram and wanted to test for stability.

I'd normally use prime95 and run a custom blend with about 90% ram usage but I've heard good things about aida so wanted to try it.

Also I found this thread which states that the memory subtest had a bug, but the memory usage is low even in the beta.

I also was wondering about this, but does memory usage actually equate to memory stress?

When I run the Memory portion (all others unchecked) of System Stability Test, my memory usage, (according to AIDA64) goes from ~1160MB to ~1290MB, an additional ~130MB of memory being used.

I also was wondering about this, but does memory usage actually equate to memory stress?

When I run the Memory portion (all others unchecked) of System Stability Test, my memory usage, (according to AIDA64) goes from ~1160MB to ~1290MB, an additional ~130MB of memory being used.

In my mind logically it should, as how I look at it is if the memory isn't being used how is it being tested.

I could be totally wrong though.

Like for example if I ran memtest to check my ram for errors my memory usage would go up when I was testing all my ram for errors.

The System Memory subtest of the AIDA64 System Stability Test had a bug that has already been fixed. Now it uses 16 MBytes of system memory per processing thread. So e.g. on a Core i7-2600 or Core i7-3770K processor it uses 128 MBytes of RAM. It is not the whole system memory, but it is usually enough to stress the memory and reveal any errors related to the memory controller or the RAM modules. We'll soon implement an option in the System Stability Test Preferences to let you configure how much RAM shall the System Memory subtest use.