Website (messaging system) is getting used for spam

Backslash

After not being active in this forum for a very long time, today I received an email that someone sent me a message on here.

It seems like people are using this forum to send spam mails to random people to receive traffic on the links they are sending.

I censored the screenshot a little bit to keep it SFW but it seems like you guys need to keep an eye on your messaging system so it doesn't get abused.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 140253.jpg

1 hour ago, Backslash said:

After not being active in this forum for a very long time, today I received an email that someone sent me a message on here.

It seems like people are using this forum to send spam mails to random people to receive traffic on the links they are sending.

I censored the screenshot a little bit to keep it SFW but it seems like you guys need to keep an eye on your messaging system so it doesn't get abused.

Thank you, we've banned "her".  We keep banning such users, but it's tough to follow their activity since they avoid spamming us, forum administrators...

Thanks to both of you! I know that there are not many things that one can do about spams like that. I don't know if you have something like a captcha system for logins/registrations but even then those spams sometimes come from real people as I had to learn on my own website so there really isn't much that can be done. Is there any other way to report people like that in case it happens again or is opening a thread here the best way?

2 hours ago, Backslash said:

Thanks to both of you! I know that there are not many things that one can do about spams like that. I don't know if you have something like a captcha system for logins/registrations but even then those spams sometimes come from real people as I had to learn on my own website so there really isn't much that can be done. Is there any other way to report people like that in case it happens again or is opening a thread here the best way?

Reporting is the best way. Unfortunately these are real people, we have captcha and other spam prevention functions available in the forum engine. Now we testing an automatic moderation feature for new registrations that should remove the problematic content when it gets numerous reports.