Fan Speed Problem (Asus P5Q)

semool

With aida64 i hava a Problem with the Fan in my Power Supply.

My PS is an Enermax Modu 82+. It has a Fan and an Conector to put it on the Mainboard for reading rpm.

Its works fine with the latest everst version.

In aida64 he shows the rpm mostly 0 and every ~10seconds it shows the real rpm in osd.

In the Mainwindow under computer->sensors in the section fans the ps fan siwtch from visible to invisible every few seconds.

What i have found out is when i Start the Computer (Win7x64) and then i start everest all works fine.

Then i close everest an start aida and all works fine.

When i start the Computer an start directly aida the Problem exist.

So i think its an bug in the kerneld driver?!

I suppose it may be something to do with how AIDA64 handles the sensor chip of your motherboard.

1) Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic.

2) Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> SMBus Dump (Full). Copy-paste the full results into this topic.

That data should help us to find out what went wrong since EVEREST ;)

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you for the dumps. We've fine-tuned the fan speeds measurement on your motherboard.

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1165vs6mnwy3qxzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

Sadly it seams not to be fixed for me.

"Chassis #1" is the problem

Thanks for the dumps. This one seems to be a completely different issue to the P5Q fan problem. Please copy-paste the full content of the Computer / Sensor page of AIDA64 into this topic.

Thanks,

Fiery

Here is the requested file/information.

I think we should move this then as a new thread ?

Can you do this?

thx

We can continue this thread. Thanks for the dump, but I cannot see any problem there. What's wrong with the Chassis #1 fan reading?

"Chassis #1" is visible/unvisible every few seconds.

I can make a video if you want.

Video won't be necessary, thanks.

1) Are you running any Asus monitoring software next to AIDA64? E.g. Asus PC Probe, Asus TurboV?

2) Do you have the option "SMBus access through ACPI (Asus motherboards)" in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability checked or unchecked?

1) Are you running any Asus monitoring software next to AIDA64? E.g. Asus PC Probe, Asus TurboV?

No tools

2) Do you have the option "SMBus access through ACPI (Asus motherboards)" in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability checked or unchecked?

unchecked

Update:

With "ckecked" the delay between the switches is longer, but the problem still exist.

Edited by MrX1980

No tools

unchecked

Update:

With "ckecked" the delay between the switches is longer, but the problem still exist.

Thank you for the info. Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1176sdv5ynm2gczip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery