Northbridge temp on Asus Rampage III Extreme

user86

In most cases such things happen when the low-level hardware monitoring module of AIDA64 collides with another monitoring software, e.g. SpeedFan, HWMonitor, Asus PC Probe II, etc. Are you running any other software, made by Asus or a 3rd party that measures temperatures or voltages?

In most cases such things happen when the low-level hardware monitoring module of AIDA64 collides with another monitoring software, e.g. SpeedFan, HWMonitor, Asus PC Probe II, etc. Are you running any other software, made by Asus or a 3rd party that measures temperatures or voltages?

I'm not running any other monitoring software.

We've managed to stabilize the NB and SB temperature measurement on your motherboard.

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1165vs6mnwy3qxzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

We've managed to stabilize the NB and SB temperature measurement on your motherboard.

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1165vs6mnwy3qxzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

Fiery,

I presume you were replying to the OP, however, I continue to have the fluctuating NB temperature on my eVGA Classified 3, even with the 1165 BETA.

Is there anything you can do to correct it?

Thanks.

I continue to have the fluctuating NB temperature on my eVGA Classified 3, even with the 1165 BETA.

Is there anything you can do to correct it?

I'm afraid the current solution is the best we can do ;) That board (and actually all EVGA X58 chipset based boards) uses a shared register for NB and CPU temperature, and uses a special register switch to switch between the two readings. AIDA64 does everything "by the book", but still, the switch sometimes does not happen, and so the temperatures got mixed up (e.g. CPU temp is shown as NB temp, and vice versa).

I'm afraid the current solution is the best we can do ;) That board (and actually all EVGA X58 chipset based boards) uses a shared register for NB and CPU temperature, and uses a special register switch to switch between the two readings. AIDA64 does everything "by the book", but still, the switch sometimes does not happen, and so the temperatures got mixed up (e.g. CPU temp is shown as NB temp, and vice versa).

I see, thank you for the info.