fixed: AIDA64 gets stuck in taskbar notification area

roblion

Hi,

First of all, I love Aida64 extreme!

But I have a constant problem with it.

My Specs.

AIDA64 Extreme v 2.50.2000

Startup on login - minimised

External Applications > Enabled Shared Memory yes. (every 1 sec).

Desktop Gadget > yes

Logging > OFF

Alerting > OFF

Corrections > None

Preferences as per attached screen shot.

Windows 7 x64 PRO Sp1

CPU : Intel Core i7 -2700K 4600MHz (46x100)

MB : Asus Maximus V Gene Bios 0810

Mem : 16Gb 4x4Gb Corsair Vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1600C9 @1600Mhz

Video : Gainward nVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 Phantom @Clock 750Mhz Shade 1500Mhz Mem 975Mhz driver 8.17.12.9610 - nVIDIA ForceWare 296.10

Display : 24in ViewSonic VX2453 Series 1080p HD @1920 x 1080 60Hz

SSD : 2 x 120Gb OCZ-VERTEX3 ATA Device (SATA-III)

HDD : 1 x 1TB ST1000DM003-9YN162 ATA Device (SATA-III)

ODD :PLEXTOR DVDR PX-L890SA ATA Device

PSU : Corsair 750 AX

CPU Cooler : Corsair H100 4 x 120mm Noctua NF-F12 PWM (2 Push/2 Pull)

Case : Xigmatek Gigas Black

Other : No Raid Config

LudidLogix Virtu MVP enabled

Matrix Orbital GX 5.25 Display - LCDStudio SW

Problem:

I start AIDA64 automatically from startup - minimised. ALL OK

I run different apps all day - ALL OK

I LOCK SCREEN - UNLOCK SCREEN any number of times - ALL OK

I go to bed - LOCK SCREEN - GET UP NEXT DAY - UNLOCK SCREEN - AIDA64 will not open from Taskbar Notification Area.

If i hover mouse over, tool tip shows "AIDA63 Extreme Edition"

Right click mouse on icon - Nothing

Left Click mouse on icon - Nothing

Screen gadget shows updating temps etc ok!

Other apps running = Speedfan to control my Fans, and LCD Studio to display temp/fan info on 240x64 LCD screen.

Killing AIDA64 from Task Manager and restarting AIDA64 work OK. (until the next time i go to bed!)

Over night, I thought that BACKUP was causing problem, so stopped backups, but no change.

Also Disabled NVidia reading from SMB - No change.

I've Added AIDA64 as a trusted app to AVP antivirus, no change.

This happens everyday without fail.

Any Ideas / help please?

Rob

post-2943-0-34200400-1340713312_thumb.jpg

its a command line option. Add it to the target field at the end = "C:\Program Files (x86)\FinalWire\AIDA64 Extreme Edition\aida64.exe" /SAFEST

The /SAFE command-line option could be used to disable several of AIDA64 low-level features -- in most cases this could eliminate all issues. Alternatively the /SAFEST command-line option could be used to completely disable all AIDA64 low-level features.

Rob

Yep.... i done the same as you last night!

Disabled external data > shared memory.

This morning.... AiDA64 all ok, no lock up and can open it from taskbar notification area without problem.

The only issue i have is that the main purpose of having AiDA64 is for the external shared memory as i us it to allow my fan controller and LCD screen to read it to operate!!!!

I think i will just use AiDA64 for benchmarking testing etc, and I'll use another method for sharing sensor info with other apps as AiDA64 is a bit of overkill just for that!

good luck Sora!

Yep.... i done the same as you last night!

Disabled external data > shared memory.

This morning.... AiDA64 all ok, no lock up and can open it from taskbar notification area without problem.

The only issue i have is that the main purpose of having AiDA64 is for the external shared memory as i us it to allow my fan controller and LCD screen to read it to operate!!!!

I think i will just use AiDA64 for benchmarking testing etc, and I'll use another method for sharing sensor info with other apps as AiDA64 is a bit of overkill just for that!

good luck Sora!

Good to know it worked for you too roblion! I know, I was about to comment but didn't, that you personally need to have 'shared memory' enabled in AIDA64, using it in conjunction to allow your fan controller and LCD screen to work in tandem with the shared memory. It's good to know it will be fixed soon so that we can have 'shared memory' enabled again without issues, unless you use another method for that as you've mentioned, while using AIDA for benchmarking etc.

Thanks again roblion and good luck to you too!

Thanks Fiery for working on this. ;)

It works just fine now Fiery!

With 'shared memory' enabled with all ext. apps checked, GDI Object count is stable at 433 for me, and no more sluggishness when opening Event Viewer and other programs You guys are always hard at work on AIDA64, intending to keep it stable for everyone! Thanks again. :)

Hi, sorry for the delay.... finally tested it and it works ok with me too!!! I woke up this morning with my Aida64 still working and was able to open it from the taskbar notification tray with no problems!

I never turn my PC off, so I will nofify if there are any changes over time, so far one night - all ok.

Thanks for the fix - great service !!!

Rob

• Like 1