Starting Aida64

ultimate_live

UAC warning indicates that the application (AIDA64) requires elevation (administrator privileges), so it warns you for a good reason ;) You can either:

1) Disable UAC

2) Enable AIDA64 auto-start when Windows loads up (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / General)

3) Remove or rename the file AIDA64.EXE.MANIFEST that you can find in AIDA64 installation folder. However, this way you will effectively disable all low-level hardware communication done by AIDA64, and so you will lose a lot of information and measurements, including GPU details, chipset details, sensor readings, overclock information, etc.

Regards,

Fiery

• 6 months later...

Apologies for the slight necro here, however I'm having an issue with AIDA64 Extreme 2.80.2300.

I have found that I have to be running as an administrator for the "Start with windows" item to work,  which is fair enough it sets up a task schedule for it,  however, the schedule it sets up is specific to the administrator.  Changing this to my normal interactive user does not work - the closest I can get is aida64.exe running in the wrong session (not my interactive desktop)

Is it possible to have a non-elevated user run AIDA64 via task scheduler whilst still having it run as admin?

A slightly different track,  will AIDA64 be split into service/client components to allow this sort of functionality

Apologies for the slight necro here, however I'm having an issue with AIDA64 Extreme 2.80.2300.

I have found that I have to be running as an administrator for the "Start with windows" item to work,  which is fair enough it sets up a task schedule for it,  however, the schedule it sets up is specific to the administrator.  Changing this to my normal interactive user does not work - the closest I can get is aida64.exe running in the wrong session (not my interactive desktop)

Is it possible to have a non-elevated user run AIDA64 via task scheduler whilst still having it run as admin?

A slightly different track,  will AIDA64 be split into service/client components to allow this sort of functionality

If you want to set up a different solution for starting AIDA64 at Windows bootup, then I think it'd be best to disable the Load with Windows facility in AIDA64, and manually create a new scheduled task in Task Scheduler.  Just make sure to name it differently to how AIDA64 calls its own entry, otherwise AIDA64 will remove your task.

Service-client solution is not planned at this time.

• 3 years later...

Good day, I really need some help.

I have 2 user accounts on my PC:
- "admin" - admin user (not "Administrator", but a user with admin rights);
- "family" - a simple non-priveleged user.

A sensor panel is set up with some sensor info like fan speeds, HDD stats etc.

For starting AIDA on user logon, a corresponding task was created in Task Scheduler:
- trigger = at logon of any user
- use account = "Users"
- run with highest privileges = OFF

In this case, the sensor panel doesn't show some sensors' data (like fans' speeds) - seems like AIDA was started in non-admin mode.
But I really nead these absent data.

I changed a the task in Task Scheduler:
- use account = "admin"
- run with highest privileges = ON

In this case, at logon of "admin" user the sensor panel includes all the necessary data.
But at logon of "family" user - just nothing, AIDA is not started at all.

Seems that I need to start AIDA at logon of ANY user with admin rights.
Can anyone teach me how to do it?

----------------

The only thing I can do is - allow a non-priveleged user to manually start AIDA in elevated mode:

1. Create a shortcut to aida64.exe.
Check a "Run as administrator" checkbox in the shortcut properties.
Paste the shortcut into "C:\Windows" folder.
2. Create a "StartAIDA64.bat" file with a following line:

runas /user:admin /savecred "cmd /Q /C \"start aida64.lnk\""

Save the bat-file in some folder (like «C:\Program Files (x86)\AIDA64»).
3. Create a shortcut to the bat-file.
Place the shortcut on the "family" user's desktop.

So, whenever the "family" user is logged in, then the user can manually start AIDA in elevated mode by just double-clicking the shortcut.
What "manually" means is - Windows displays a confirmation dialog whenever the shortcut is started.

And this solution is not good for me, since I need AIDA to start automatically.

5 hours ago, Fiery said:

Why don't you simply use the built-in auto-start facility of AIDA64? :) 

It works fine for the "admin" user.

But for the "family" user - as I said above, "the sensor panel doesn't show some sensors' data (like fans' speeds)"

8 hours ago, rivera said:

It works fine for the "admin" user.

But for the "family" user - as I said above, "the sensor panel doesn't show some sensors' data (like fans' speeds)"

If you cannot have AIDA64 started by the current user with elevation, then you won't have all sensor details for both your users.  AIDA64 requires admin privileges to perform low-level hardware access; and it has to be started by the currently logged on user in order to display the SensorPanel.  In your case these 2 requirements cannot be combined I guess :(

9 hours ago, Fiery said:

and it has to be started by the currently logged on user in order to display the SensorPanel

As I described above, there is a solution how to start AIDA by non-admin user in elevated mode WITHOUT entering a password.

The command

runas /user:admin /savecred

allows to start AIDA, you only have to type the password once.

In this case everything works.

But Windows displays a confirmation dialog, so this solution does not provide an automatic start (((

I hoped that Task Scheduler could help me, but it did not work...

• 3 years later...

Hello, i got exactly the same problem on win7 x64 with 3 sessions :

1 admin (shows correctly all sensors),

1 user with some privileges (aida does not load automatically and missing sensors) &

1 user with parental control (same as user 2).

I thought that installing aida64 individually for each session would solve that problem but EVEN if i give administrator rights for running Aida64 to users.

I cannot figure aida64 develppers didnot think about this problem??

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 3:59 PM, calvin4242 said:

Hello, i got exactly the same problem on win7 x64 with 3 sessions :

1 admin (shows correctly all sensors),

1 user with some privileges (aida does not load automatically and missing sensors) &

1 user with parental control (same as user 2).

I thought that installing aida64 individually for each session would solve that problem but EVEN if i give administrator rights for running Aida64 to users.

I cannot figure aida64 develppers didnot think about this problem??

It's quite simple actually: you need admin privileges to let AIDA64 access the low-level parts of the system that would then provide you with sensor readings and other details for your system.  You can use AIDA64 without admin rights, but then you lose certain readings.  Both admin and non-admin usage is supported by AIDA64, but a mixed solution is unavailable.