Fan's RPM displayed as a percentage.

Tacyon

As the title suggests .. I'm looking to read out the fan RPM's as percentages of a stated min/max. An average might be helpful to stabilize the display since these values seem to jump around like crazy.

I saw one post where someone asked this and was met with a "Correction" with Ratio and Offset. The response was basically, that was what I was missing with zero mention from either to what to put where and why.

Looking to enter a minimum and maximum fan speed and then get a ### % read out.  How does one go about doing this?

9 hours ago, Tacyon said:

As the title suggests .. I'm looking to read out the fan RPM's as percentages of a stated min/max. An average might be helpful to stabilize the display since these values seem to jump around like crazy.

I saw one post where someone asked this and was met with a "Correction" with Ratio and Offset. The response was basically, that was what I was missing with zero mention from either to what to put where and why.

Looking to enter a minimum and maximum fan speed and then get a ### % read out.  How does one go about doing this?

The way it works with correction is for example: if you have a maximum of 5000 RPM for your fan, enter a Ratio of 0.02

This will scale the RPM down to 1/50 of the measured value which would yield to 100 at maximum speed (5000 RPM).

• Like 1