AIDA64 and Koolance TMS-200 Controller

D. J.

I was trying to setup my friend's water cooling computer. He purchased Koolance TMS-200 tempreature controller and use AIDA64 Extreme to monitor the HW. I checked the option within the AIDA64 to support the TMS-200 controller. However I could not see any information as far as the TMS-200 controller is concerned. They both work fine on its own, the AIDA64 just does not report any sensors' readings from the TMS-200 unit. Could someone show me the light on this?

Software used:

AIDA64 V1.2 1150

Koolance TMS-200 V2.1.28

USB Driver (Prolific V1.30)

The problem is with Koolance's software. It's not designed properly to allow 3rd party software to access the TMS-200 controller while it is running. In other words, you have to close Koolance's software to let AIDA64 open the TMS-200 controller.

We've already contacted Koolance, and they seem to be ready to change their software to allow AIDA64 (and other 3rd party software as well) to work while Koolance's own software is running. They couldn't provide a timeframe though, so I'm not sure when can we expect the new software :)

You may also want to refer to the previous thread on the same topic:

Regards,

Fiery

Here is the answer from Koolance Support Center:

Re: AIDA64 and TMS-200 Controller

by [Koolance] Tim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 am

"Currently, the AIDA64 software maker says it won't work simultaneously while the TMS-200 software is open. Our lead programmer is working with them on that".

• 2 weeks later...

Koolance has released a new version of their TMS-200 controller.

TMS-200 v.2.1.28 *Final* Updates:

•Error log file now generated for debugging purposes, named "Req.log" and found in the TMS software install folder.

•Added an option to fix the COM port used for TMS-200 so it doesn't need to rescan each time. The option is located at the top of the settings screen.

•Added "Share Memory" feature at the bottom of the settings screen. This can be enabled to share TMS output data (pump speed, temperatures, etc.) for compatible 3rd-party programs.

Can AIDA64 developer confirm the AIDA64 is one of the compatible 3rd-party programs?

Thank you. We haven't found programming documentation or guidelines on the shared memory feature, so we have to ask Koolance to provide the necessary details so we can implement that in AIDA64. I'll let you know (in this topic) once we got the programming information from them.

• 3 weeks later...

We asked Koolance for help about implementing shared memory support in AIDA64 on Dec-27, but got no reply from them yet. We've resent the inquiry email today, and hopefully this time it will go through.

(Hungarian is indeed a very tough language, so no need for excuses :) )

Koolance provided us the necessary programming documentation, so we could implement shared memory support in the following new beta release of AIDA64 Extreme Edition:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1224q0sln8yrvxzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

I have quickly tested your new version that supports share memory for Koolance TMS-200 controller;

1. It does display tempreature sensor1 to 5, OK!

2. It only displays the speed of fan1 and fan2, no fan3!

3. It does not display the pump speed and flow rate at all!

• 2 weeks later...

We've fixed the Fan#3 issue, and added Pump#1 and Pump#2 RPM reading in the following new beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1236qs6kmn3yrzzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works. The flow rate monitoring will have to be implemented in a future version only, since AIDA64 Hardware Monitoring module currently doesn't support such measurements.

Thanks,

Fiery

• 4 weeks later...

Installed a TMS-200 and the EB-200. Running Koolance code 2.1.28 and AIDA 1.50.1236.

All 10 sensors reporting correctly

All 6 fans reporting correctly

No issues to report with AIDA. I wish you would pick up the Koolance source code and rewrite it... Bring it up to the year 2010. :D

All is well. Thank you Fiery. AIDA is a great program.

Reading flowrate would be a BIG plus.

• 4 years later...

We've implemented flow rate measurement for both Koolance and T-Balancer devices in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

The values are measured as raw values, as they are provided by the sensor device. To make them make a bit more sense, and also to convert them to LPH (Liter Per Hour), you need to use the Correction feature in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Correction.