Extreme Edition Licensing, how many installs per machine?

Consumer

I have just purchased an AIDA64 Extreme Edition license with 3 years maintenance. (Fiery, your fast replies to my ECC and ChipKill post converted me from the trial version). The Licensing AIDA64 page reads:

1. AIDA64 Extreme Edition Personal License

This license is intended for home use, and permits a single person to install and use the product on up to 3 computers. Other persons should not use it.

Does this mean I can:

• install it,
  • uninstall it and/or format the hard drive containing Windows and AIDA64,
  • and reinstall AIDA64

an unlimited number of times on 3 computers simultaneously?

If I install AIDA64 on 3 computers, then remove it from one of the computers (let's say, the third computer), does that mean I can install it on a fourth computer (one that is different from the other 3 computers)? If so, then do I first have to specifically uninstall it from the third computer while connected to the internet (or do some other online deactivation procedure) or can I just format the third computer's hard drive straightaway in order to free up 1 of the 3 machine slots of the license?

Edited by Consumer

AIDA64

I have just purchased an AIDA64 Extreme Edition license with 3 years maintenance. (Fiery, your fast replies to my ECC and ChipKill post converted me from the trial version). The Licensing AIDA64 page reads:

Does this mean I can:

• install it,
  • uninstall it and/or format the hard drive containing Windows and AIDA64,
  • and reinstall AIDA64

an unlimited number of times on 3 computers simultaneously?

Yes, it does.

If I install AIDA64 on 3 computers, then remove it from one of the computers (let's say, the third computer), does that mean I can install it on a fourth computer (one that is different from the other 3 computers)?

Yes, you can.

If so, then do I first have to specifically uninstall it from the third computer while connected to the internet (or do some other online deactivation procedure) or can I just format the third computer's hard drive straightaway in order to free up 1 of the 3 machine slots of the license?

There's no deactivation procedure. You can just remove it from the "old" computer, and install it on the "new" computer.

Please note that a lot of computer enthusiasts (overclockers, gamers, guys and gals assemblying systems for themselves and their friends & relatives, etc) use AIDA64 due to its easy installation, upgrading and portability. We've designed the licensing scheme to make it easier for them to move AIDA64 from one configuration to another. We do have quite a few customers who literally swap their system once a month -- or change/upgrade a hardware component every week. For them it's essential to be able to drop an AIDA64 installation when a computer moves out, and install it on their new or updated computer once it's in.

Thank you for your support ;)

Regards,

Fiery

• Like 2