Missing alot of motherboard specific sensor info on recent ASRock AM5-Motherboard (ASRock B650I Lightning WiFi)

Cleanhead

Hi Fiery,

I just build a new rig with the following motherboard: Klick
Name: B650I Lightning WiFi
Bios-Version: v1.28
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
RAM: 2x G.Skill F5-6000J3040G32G (SKU F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5K) /w Temp-Sensors

As you can see on the attached screenshot, those are all the sensors that are available. Here is a list of some important sensors that are missing, which are available in HWiNFO64 v7.66:

- RAM-Temperatures
- all CPU temperature sensors except CPU Diode
- all PWM/motherboard fan sensors incl. fan speeds (CPU1, CPU2, Chassis1)
- some motherboard specific temperature sensors like T15, T16
- total CPU Utility
- something i may have missed

If there is anything i can provide you with so in the next beta/final update there will be support for this board, please let me know.

Kind regards

Cleanhead

a64-1.png

• Fiery changed the title to Missing alot of motherboard specific sensor info on recent ASRock AM5-Motherboard (ASRock B650I Lightning WiFi)
6 hours ago, Cleanhead said:

Hi Fiery,

I just build a new rig with the following motherboard: Klick
Name: B650I Lightning WiFi
Bios-Version: v1.28
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
RAM: 2x G.Skill F5-6000J3040G32G (SKU F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5K) /w Temp-Sensors

As you can see on the attached screenshot, those are all the sensors that are available. Here is a list of some important sensors that are missing, which are available in HWiNFO64 v7.66:

- RAM-Temperatures
- all CPU temperature sensors except CPU Diode
- all PWM/motherboard fan sensors incl. fan speeds (CPU1, CPU2, Chassis1)
- some motherboard specific temperature sensors like T15, T16
- total CPU Utility
- something i may have missed

If there is anything i can provide you with so in the next beta/final update there will be support for this board, please let me know.

Kind regards

Cleanhead

Thank you, the issue will be fixed in the next AIDA64 beta update.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fiery,

so i tested the new final v7.00.6700 today and there is still some issues/missing sensors:

- Technically Chassis #1 is labeled wrong and should be CPU #2 and CPU should be labeled CPU #1 instead, because the board according to the manual and labels on the board itself has 2x CPU-Fan-Headers and only 1 Chassis-Header so Chassis #2 would have to be labeled Chassis only. This is just cosmetics though, the reported values are unfortunately also incorrect! As it stands now: CPU reports values from Chassis #1 and reversed. Chassis #2 reports correct value

- When using the sensor panel there are still no sensors for all the core temperatures available, only for the CPU itself. The Ryzen 7 7800X3D reports the core temperatures from Core0 (CCD1) to Core7 (CCD1), 8 cores overall, and has also a sensor for the L3 Cache (CCD1). Also missing: CPU IOD Hotspot & CPU IOD Average temperature sensors, as reported in HWiNFO64 v7.66

- RAM-Temperature-Sensors are not found at all, as you can see on the attached screenshot. No big deal, just mentioning it

Looking forward to the next beta for the fixes (hopefully) ;)

ai70pg.png

On 12/4/2023 at 11:41 PM, Cleanhead said:

Hi Fiery,

so i tested the new final v7.00.6700 today and there is still some issues/missing sensors:

- Technically Chassis #1 is labeled wrong and should be CPU #2 and CPU should be labeled CPU #1 instead, because the board according to the manual and labels on the board itself has 2x CPU-Fan-Headers and only 1 Chassis-Header so Chassis #2 would have to be labeled Chassis only. This is just cosmetics though, the reported values are unfortunately also incorrect! As it stands now: CPU reports values from Chassis #1 and reversed. Chassis #2 reports correct value

- When using the sensor panel there are still no sensors for all the core temperatures available, only for the CPU itself. The Ryzen 7 7800X3D reports the core temperatures from Core0 (CCD1) to Core7 (CCD1), 8 cores overall, and has also a sensor for the L3 Cache (CCD1). Also missing: CPU IOD Hotspot & CPU IOD Average temperature sensors, as reported in HWiNFO64 v7.66

- RAM-Temperature-Sensors are not found at all, as you can see on the attached screenshot. No big deal, just mentioning it

Looking forward to the next beta for the fixes (hopefully) ;)

Thank you for your feedback!  We'll fix the first issue in the next AIDA64 beta update, and will work on the rest too.

• Like 1

@Cleanhead  We've fixed the first issue and implemented support for Ryzen CCD temperatures measurement in the following new beta update of AIDA64:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works ;) 

@Fieryhello again ;)

Well, we are almost there! Here are 3 screenshots with what's wrong/not yet fixed. After that, everything should be great!

Edit: On the screenshot for CPUID it says OctalCore, i assume it's supposed to be called OctaCore?

Best Regards

aid647b1.png

aid647b2.png

cpuid.png

Edited by Cleanhead
Addendum

7 hours ago, Cleanhead said:

@Fieryhello again ;)

Well, we are almost there! Here are 3 screenshots with what's wrong/not yet fixed. After that, everything should be great!

Edit: On the screenshot for CPUID it says OctalCore, i assume it's supposed to be called OctaCore?

Best Regards

Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad we're making progress.  About the fan labels, we're puzzled, it shouldn't look like that.  In AIDA64 please press Ctrl+Alt+D --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.  We will be able to fix the fan labels using that registers dump.

As for OctalCore, that is phrased in different ways.  OctalCore, OctoCore, and OctaCore are all in use, not to mention whether you use a dash before Core :) Soon, as 10+ core processors become more and more common, you won't see that since above 8 cores AIDA64 use numeric core count, as in "10-Core" and "16-Core" ;)

We're working on the rest of the missing Ryzen CPU sensor readings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cleanhead said:

Asking and you shall receive...

I hope it helps, thank you

Thank you!  Are you sure you're not using custom labels for the fan readings?  To me it looks like you've renamed one of the fan readings to "CPU #2".  AFAIK we never use such label for fans.

1 minute ago, Fiery said:

Thank you!  Are you sure you're not using custom labels for the fan readings?  To me it looks like you've renamed one of the fan readings to "CPU #2".  AFAIK we never use such label for fans.

omg i am retarded, you are correct! but still the read-outs are switched. CPU should read out the values of CPU2 and reverse, i double checked the connectors on my mobo but i could live with that. as long as i know that it's the case it is no real issue.

aid647b3.png

20 minutes ago, Cleanhead said:

omg i am retarded, you are correct! but still the read-outs are switched. CPU should read out the values of CPU2 and reverse, i double checked the connectors on my mobo but i could live with that. as long as i know that it's the case it is no real issue.

No problem, we'll swap them in the next beta build.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Cleanhead said:

Hi @Fiery

any progress on this? the latest beta 7.00.6716 unfortunately still had no core temp measurements. Why would it take so long if you don't mind me asking, especially since HWiNFO has these since over ~10 weeks already?

Core temperatures require developing a completely different and new sensor access module that cannot be done as quickly as tweaking existing sensor readings.  We're working on it, but we have lot of things on our table, so it takes some more time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

just letting @Fiery know that the latest BETA now shows my DIMM-Temps! Very nice, keep on doing good work ;)

Update:

After some time the readings disappear and won't come back :(

Another reboot won't bring them back either. Any dump you could need that i could post here to narrow down the issue?

Edit: After 2 more days of PC usage with several reboots, OS running time about 30 hours, the readings NEVER came back once. That's weird af.

Edit 2: v7.00.6738 beta does not fix the DIMM-issue.

Edit 3: v7.00.6741 beta does also not fix the DIMM-issue.

dimms.png

• 1 month later...

Hi @Fiery

I tested v7.20.6800 Final today and at first, i thought all bugs were resolved. Unfortunately after a reboot, they turned out not to be...

On the first picture you can see that my DIMM-Temps were recognized after i closed AIDA down, updated it with the zipped files from 7.20.6800 and restarted it. I then added them to my Sensorpanel again and decided before posting here: "ah well, let's make a reboot first to make sure"

And voilá, after the reboot, the DIMM-Temps were gone again and i can't get them back to appear, no matter what i do. At this point i am like "WTF?!"

I also attached the settings i use and what drivers get loaded, maybe you can see a problem what causes this on them. In any case, since it works ONCE, there must be some other problem that exists, that only occurs after a reboot?!

Let me know if i can provide anything else to get this sucker solved once and for all!

Kind Regards

bugs1.png

bugs2.png

bugs3.png

12 hours ago, Cleanhead said:

Hi @Fiery

I tested v7.20.6800 Final today and at first, i thought all bugs were resolved. Unfortunately after a reboot, they turned out not to be...

On the first picture you can see that my DIMM-Temps were recognized after i closed AIDA down, updated it with the zipped files from 7.20.6800 and restarted it. I then added them to my Sensorpanel again and decided before posting here: "ah well, let's make a reboot first to make sure"

And voilá, after the reboot, the DIMM-Temps were gone again and i can't get them back to appear, no matter what i do. At this point i am like "WTF?!"

I also attached the settings i use and what drivers get loaded, maybe you can see a problem what causes this on them. In any case, since it works ONCE, there must be some other problem that exists, that only occurs after a reboot?!

Let me know if i can provide anything else to get this sucker solved once and for all!

Kind Regards

In the state where DIMM temps are gone, in AIDA64 please press Ctrl+Alt+D --> Sensor Debug --> SMBus Dump (Full). Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery

• 2 weeks later...