Thread creation error (Master Volume)

nickpoirier

Just reporting a minor issue with my AIDA64 Extreme v2.85.

Occasionally I get a popup message that says:

Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Everything seems to be running fine otherwise.

The program runs at startup and I have the sensor panel shown too.

post-875-0-55653000-1369110014_thumb.png

i found myself getting these as well, in Event Viewer, iirc, you will find the a warning mentioning the crash was due to the process being unable to read the drive it is on

i found these to occur significantly less (or basically not at all) by always remembering to return to the power management bar before closing aida to the tray

Just reporting a minor issue with my AIDA64 Extreme v2.85.

Occasionally I get a popup message that says:

Everything seems to be running fine otherwise.

The program runs at startup and I have the sensor panel shown too.

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2447jx5ym0bnwgzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you for the repy Fiery. I had to purchase a license renewal to be able to use that beta but I did and am running it now. So far I haven't seen the error message but it has only been a few hours since the upgrade. I will update this thread again once I get more runtime behind me.

• 2 weeks later...

We've made several modules of AIDA64 more solid by improving exception handling.  We've also disabled CPU throttling measurement by default.  Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2505xh8pw4vstmzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Fiery

The error just came up again. I am using the version listed above (3.00.2505 beta).

I just noticed something however. After the error came up and I clicked the OK button to close the message window I noticed that the sensor panel was not updating any information afterwards. Thinking AIDA64 was frozen I tried double clicking on the program icon in the system tray and the main window came up right away. It was responsive and I could interact with it. Then thinking that just the sensor panel window was frozen I tried moving it around and I could. I tried to interact with the panel by right clicking on one the displayed items and choosing modify. The "modify item" window came up and I was able to adjust the settings for the item I clicked. But after clicking OK to close the "modify item" window the sensor panel did not update to show what I changed (I simply changed the text name for it).

Thinking back now I believe the sensor panel may have always froze after I was getting the error...since v2.85. I just never really paid much attention to the sensor panel after getting the error as I would simply quit and restart AIDA64 and then it would working normally again.

Hope that helps to track down the issue. I can send you my sensor panel config if you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Please upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild2522cfs6y7mpqjzip

If it doesn't help, then please send us your SensorPanel configuration file.

Thank you.  If it's possible, please try removing the Master Volume item from your SensorPanel (backup your AIDA64.INI file before doing this), and let me know if it makes the thread creation error go away.

If it doesn't help, then please try removing the NIC rate items as well.  Let me know if it makes a difference.

Thanks,

Fiery

I have the same problem with AIDA 64 Extreme v3.00.2500.

So the problem is not isolated, but affects other users also.

Need a stable version fix please.

Going to try BETA July 9/13 release....

Please try to disable the Master Volume item, and let us know if it helps.

Another update.

Good news. It has been many days and I have had no errors since removing the master volume item from my sensor panel. I left the NIC readouts alone and it has been working good. Should I get the original error again I will update this thread.

• 8 years later...

Hello, I am having the same problem, 9 years later, with it as well. I have already deleted every item one by one and checked if it pops up and it still does unless there is nothing on it. Also, I noticed that whenever its open, the sensor panel keeps going up in RAM usage until it gives me the errror, ususally at about 1GB of RAM its taking up when it crashes.

I would of linked a photo of my sensor panel to this text but i cannot figure out to. 

Pleaase reach back out to me as soon as possible. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I had noticed the same behaviour recently, Ndg fell.  

I had just been restarting Aida for a while as it only happened after the PC was on for a long time for me.  I think I have just traced it back to having Logitech ARX output enabled, but i had uninstalled the Logitech software a while back.  

I switched from ARX to the Remote Sensor a while back, and never unticked the Logitech ARX option in Aida.  However i think the issue only started around the time I actually Uninstalled the corresponding Logitech Software.  After reading your post earlier today, I watched it in task manager and I could see the memory climbing ever so slightly over time. 

I turned all LCD outputs off, and restarted Aida and memory was not increasing.  Re-enabled just the Remote Sensor, and restarted Aida and the memory usage appears stable again now after an hour or so, where previously I would have seen it rising slowly.