Sensorpanel auto enable/disable on/exit Fullscreen

Cleanhead

Hey there,

i would love to see an option for the sensor panel that would stop showing it when entering full screen mode (start gaming for ex) and popping back up again when leaving full screen mode automatically.

Kind Regards

On 3/13/2024 at 4:02 AM, Cleanhead said:

Hey there,

i would love to see an option for the sensor panel that would stop showing it when entering full screen mode (start gaming for ex) and popping back up again when leaving full screen mode automatically.

Kind Regards

While your system is in full-screen mode, would you prefer to hide the SensorPanel or just pause its updates?

if pausing the updates would not interfere with reporting to third party tools like RivaTunerStatisticsServer so i can use in-game overlays, that would be good enough i guess. it would really depend on would it safe ressources or not. if neither of the scenarios would achieve that, i don't really care about such an option afterall.

2 minutes ago, Cleanhead said:

if pausing the updates would not interfer with reporting to third party tools like RivaTunerStatisticsServer so i can use in-game overlays, that would be good enough i guess. it would really depend on would it safe ressources or not. if either of the scenarios would achieve that, i don't really care about such an option afterall.

RTSS is a different kinda beast, it's not tied to the  SensorPanel module. Alright, it's pause then :)  We'll implement it soon, and will let you know in this topic once you can check it out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fiery said:

While your system is in full-screen mode, would you prefer to hide the SensorPanel or just pause its updates?

Why not both? Have a checkbox for pause and a second checkbox for hide. More options are best ;)

12 hours ago, rinaldop said:

Why not both? Have a checkbox for pause and a second checkbox for hide. More options are best ;)

We've checked, and it's best to keep the SensorPanel visible but frozen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fiery said:

We've checked, and it's best to keep the SensorPanel visible but frozen.

What is the advantage of that? If the reason is to save resources then why even use a performance monitoring program? 

1 hour ago, rinaldop said:

What is the advantage of that? If the reason is to save resources then why even use a performance monitoring program? 

A frozen window will not consume any real-time resources. However, hiding and then showing the SensorPanel may cause other issues when the system transitions between screen resolutions for example.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 4:02 AM, Cleanhead said:

Hey there,

Kind Regards

We've implemented the requested new option in the latest AIDA64 beta update:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

On 3/12/2024 at 10:02 PM, Cleanhead said:

Hey there,

Kind Regards

We've implemented the requested new option in the latest AIDA64 beta update:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

The post you quoted makes it look like the panel becomes hidden in the new version but it gets paused instead.