Please add benchmark & more info

xchtl

First of all, I want to thank you for building such a wonderful tool on Windows Phone.

AIDA64 is one my favoriat hardware detection tools on Windows PC,

I'm thrilled that it's now on Windows Phone as well.

The version on my phone is 1.1.0.5

On System page,

I hope the storage info can be more specific,

I wonder if you can add these info as follows:

which class (Class 10 or U-1)?

what type (eMMC5.0)?

what kind of chip (TLC or MLC)?

Manufacture(Intel Samsung)?

etc,

On CPU (GPU)Page,

As we all know, Windows Phones are all based on Qualcomm SOC so far,

I think it's not too difficult to add a build-in benchmark to this page,as well as a ranking system,

I always want to knows how my 2yr old flagship phone still holds its place among newer gen CPUs.

Thus, it can help me decide to buy a new phone or holding on the current one.

(Plus, an OC buttom,maybe?)

On Network Page,

The Current version has only 2 Blocks, CoreSystem & Wi-Fi

it bothers me that I have to lookup the Qualcomm database to find out which network my phone support

at least you can show me if my phone is GSM/WCDMA/FDD-LTE(better with Band details) enabled or not.

On Battery Page,

Charging cycles counts, Health indecator,Manufacture,etc

I want to knows my battery is healthy or not.

It should remind me to by an replacement if the battery  poorly functions.

Really hope to see more changes in the next build!

Love you guys!

Thank you for posting your ideas. First of all, please note that Windows Phone platform uses a very strict sandboxing solution, so running apps like AIDA64 are almost completely isolated from the hardware and other running or installed apps. So an app can only detect such information that is covered by the WinRT API. In other words, it can only "see" such details of the hardware that Microsoft chooses to allow. And Microsoft does not allow us to access the following information about the hardware:

- storage type, class, manufacturer, or generally speaking: any information on the storage hardware itself

- CPU frequency range or CPU voltage configuration -- so overclocking your CPU from an app is not possible

- any details on the WiFi or cellular controller chip/module

- any details on the battery except for remaining battery life, battery level and battery state (charging/discharging)

We could get over some of those limitations by using the backend hardware database of AIDA64, and we may do that in a future update.

As for benchmarks, it's actually a very complicated issue. It's not that difficult to develop a benchmark for phones and tablets, but it's virtually impossible to show a single score that could represent the performance of the device. It's especially difficult to measure a stable score that doesn't vary a lot based on environmental conditions. For example, if you run a heavily multi-threaded CPU benchmark on your phone 5 or 10 times in quick successions, your SoC will heat up so much that it will have to throttle down to keep your device from overheating, and in effect the obtained scores will keep decreasing at each further run of the benchmark. And then there's this:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickmoorhead/2015/06/12/misunderstood-or-inappropriate-mobile-benchmarks-are-hurting-the-industry-and-consumers/

To sum up: I cannot promise you anything about AIDA64 mobile benchmarks at this time.

Regards,

Fiery

Thank you so much for your reply!

I heard that there is going to be a Universal Windows Platform(UWP) version for AIDA64 that can run on all Windows 10 platforms,

If it 's true, can you tell me more about it?

Since Microsoft annouced that Windows 10 phone apps can be migrited from Android or iOS,

will that help you make progress in Windows Phone project?

I heard that there is going to be a Universal Windows Platform(UWP) version for AIDA64 that can run on all Windows 10 platforms,

If it 's true, can you tell me more about it?

It's true. We will do the porting in the second half of this year. Windows 10 enables more information to be collected, so the ported app will show more details about your phone and tablet. It will work on Xbox and HoloLens as well. It will work on classic PCs too, but due to the sandboxing of UWP, it wouldn't make much sense to use the UWP app there, but instead it would be best to keep using the classic AIDA64 Windows software that could provide a lot more information on the hardware and software environment on classic Windows PCs.

Since Microsoft annouced that Windows 10 phone apps can be migrited from Android or iOS,

will that help you make progress in Windows Phone project?

Project Astoria (Android --> Win10 porting) and Project Islandwood (iOS --> Win10 porting) could help those guys who never ported their existing Android or iOS app to Windows Phone. But we already have got a Windows Phone 8.1 AIDA64 app that we've designed from the ground up to enable easy porting to UWP, so for us the porting will be a very smooth process.