fixed: Corsair H100 missing fans (Gigabyte 990FXA-UD7)

LicSqualo

Hi,

I noted (in my configuration), running SIV and AIDA64 together, that AIDA64 only show 2 of the 4 fan of my Corsair H100.

I've attached a picture to show what happen.

Thanks for the attention and compliments for the good work!

Lic

That's because AIDA64 currently supports "only" up to 14 misc fans :) We'll expand that to 20 fans in the next AIDA64 beta update ;)

• Like 1

THANKS!

I will wait with patience. :)

In the meantime, i noted also that a Temperature is missing, and is really important for AMD FX processors on Gigabyte motherboards, is the Socket temperature (the only probe near the CPU).

I've take a picture to compare and explain. Hope this help.

Lic

Note: I've write a typo in the title "Corsaire" instead of "Corsair", how I can correct?

post-34586-0-79252500-1456868564_thumb.png

In the meantime, i noted also that a Temperature is missing, and is really important for AMD FX processors on Gigabyte motherboards, is the Socket temperature (the only probe near the CPU).

I've take a picture to compare and explain. Hope this help.

Are you sure your motherboard is capable of measuring 3 temperatures using the onboard IT8720F sensor chip? Can you see 3 temperature readings in the BIOS Setup, on the HW Monitor or PC Health Status page?

Note: I've write a typo in the title "Corsaire" instead of "Corsair", how I can correct?

I've fixed that for you ;)

The only 100% reliable reference is the BIOS Setup, or a monitoring software made by the manufacturer of your motherboard. We could read all 3 temperatures provided by the ITE sensor chips, but AFAIK the 3rd one is not utilized on your motherboard.

Ok, but what do you mean with "not utilized on your motherboard"?

Just to talk: this 3rd temperature is the (perhaps?) "most" important for this Gigabyte board (and also other same series, of course as UD5 and UD3), because is the ONLY real sensor under the CPU socket!

By the way the AMD FX series don't have a thermal sensor inside the CPU (but you know this) and AMD calculate the "thermal margin" with the CPU voltage!!! so you can understand how is important this sensor for "AMD FX" & "Gigabyte motherboard" for overclockers and not only.

But i can live also without this reported by AIDA64 :unsure:, of course. But SIV, HWMonitor and HWInfo do this, will be a reason? ;)

Thanks for your time.

Ok, but what do you mean with "not utilized on your motherboard"?

Just to talk: this 3rd temperature is the (perhaps?) "most" important for this Gigabyte board (and also other same series, of course as UD5 and UD3), because is the ONLY real sensor under the CPU socket!

By the way the AMD FX series don't have a thermal sensor inside the CPU (but you know this) and AMD calculate the "thermal margin" with the CPU voltage!!! so you can understand how is important this sensor for "AMD FX" & "Gigabyte motherboard" for overclockers and not only.

But i can live also without this reported by AIDA64 :unsure:, of course. But SIV, HWMonitor and HWInfo do this, will be a reason? ;)

Thanks for your time.

The reason behind all that is because we prefer AIDA64 to report the temperatures exactly the way the motherboard reports them. If the motherboard doesn't report the 3rd temperature (via the BIOS Setup), there must be a good reason behind that. Usually the reason is that the temperature rail provides incorrect, invalid or inaccurate readings; or reports a total nonsense value (like 255 Celsius).

But, in your case, if you're adament the 3rd temperature makes sense on your motherboard and that it provides an essential reading, then please let me know the full model name of your motherboard, and we'll tweak AIDA64 to make sure you get the 3rd reading as "Aux" temperature on the Sensor page.

THANKS!

Is Gigabyte GA990FXA-UD7 rev.1.0

All is reported correctly. The only thing is this temperature and (perhaps) some unknow information reported for the NVME Samsung 950 Pro.

I've attached a report generated this morning.

Your post had no attachment. No report is necessary, if you mean the issue about the motherboard sensor. In case you find some issues about your 950 Pro NVMe SSD, then please let us know.

The sensor issue will be fixed in the next AIDA64 beta update due in a few days from now.