Sensor Panel Connections Speed (Network)

Neostarchild

Hello,

I've recently upgraded my old ADSL 6Mbps connections to our towns new optic 150Mbps (168Mbps measured).

On my sensor panel the Connections Speed was measured at 7.8 Mbps when I was on DSL but now it doesn't change to reflect the new connection speed.

The Graphs I use to measure upload and download work (wish I could measure in MB/s instead of KB/s but I know that's coded and can't be changed)

Not sure if it is something I need to change somewhere or is this just a bug.

I'm running version 5.75.3940 beta.

Thank you.

Have you tried to check whether the correct NIC is used for your graphs? In many cases there are multiple network interfaces/adapters present in the system, and maybe your graph is configured for the wrong interface.

BTW, you can switch the NIC download/upload rates to MB/s or Mbps by simply specifying that as the measurement unit for your sensor item. That's a trick that we've introduced a year ago ;)

Hello

Neat tricks with the values  :)

I have only NIC1

Graphs are no problem.

The "NIC1 Connection Speed" stays at 7.8Mbps  or if I change to Gbps changes to 1000Gbps.   Maybe I'm not getting what this sensor measures or its intended use. 

I am using an MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Mainboard that has the Killer Ethernet E2200 with up to date drivers.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thank You. 

The "NIC1 Connection Speed" stays at 7.8Mbps  or if I change to Gbps changes to 1000Gbps.   Maybe I'm not getting what this sensor measures or its intended use. 

I am using an MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Mainboard that has the Killer Ethernet E2200 with up to date drivers.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thank You.

Connection speed is fixed. It shows 100 Mbps for a 100 Mbps LAN connection, 1000 Mbps (1 Gbps) for a gigabit LAN connection, etc.

• 3 years later...
On 8/11/2016 at 3:59 AM, Fiery said:

Have you tried to check whether the correct NIC is used for your graphs? In many cases there are multiple network interfaces/adapters present in the system, and maybe your graph is configured for the wrong interface.

BTW, you can switch the NIC download/upload rates to KB/s (who the hell would wanna measure KB in this day and age?) or Mbps by simply specifying that as the measurement unit for your sensor item. That's a trick that we've introduced a year ago ;)

my observations :
1, NIC identity changes upon system restart, rendering sensor panel defunct, and must be edited to the new NIC.
2, Mbps defaults back to MB upon editing the sensor/graph/gauge in any way.
it is very annoying to keep aida64 sensor panel working normally, requires more maintenance than my wife. according to AIDA64, apparently today i dont have an internet connection at all (none of the 4 NICs are responding to network activity)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2020 at 6:01 AM, Ghryst said:

my observations :
1, NIC identity changes upon system restart, rendering sensor panel defunct, and must be edited to the new NIC.
2, Mbps defaults back to MB upon editing the sensor/graph/gauge in any way.
it is very annoying to keep aida64 sensor panel working normally, requires more maintenance than my wife. according to AIDA64, apparently today i dont have an internet connection at all (none of the 4 NICs are responding to network activity)

I understand that it can be difficult to handle NICs these days, but the whole reason behind that is that Windows 10 itself manages NICs that way.  They can appear and disappear, their order can change dynamically, virtual NICs here and there, etc. etc.  With such a dynamic scenario anything you configure as a fixed setting can change on-the-fly.  I'm not sure how could AIDA64 follow that automatically... :(

• Sad 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

You guys could create profiles for each NIC. My computer only connects to NIC2 and NIC3 so I created two different profiles so I don't have to edit anything. No one should be editing the NIC each time they restart their computer, simply create a profile and label it the correct NIC port. You just load each profile until you see you have the right one. It's not a fix, but it's such an easy workaround that I'm fine with it. 

Say you have a profile named Total Monitor.sensorpanel

Check what NIC it's connected to, save the profile with the name Total Monitor NIC2.sensorpanel or whatever NIC port it is. Like I said, I only need two different profiles for each one. Some of you might need 4 but they take up such little space and if you store each profile in a separate folder you can keep things nice and tidy. At the maximum it'll look like this.

Total Monitor NIC1.sensorpanel

Total Monitor NIC2.sensorpanel

Total Monitor NIC3.sensorpanel

Total Monitor NIC4.sensorpanel

Simply go down the line importing them until you see the network speed is showing, boom, done. No more editing lol.