AIDA64 Discussion Forum
ANUBIS

Time and date as gauge

I tried to create a circular clock on LCD, but as it turns out - Time (and date) cannot be shown as a gauge.

May i suggest that this option would be a good idea ? (i hope that is not some huge work)

Time should be easy, but with the date, how would you define the minimum and maximum states? :)

We've enabled graph and gauge configuration for the Time item in the following new AIDA64 beta build:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

The resolution for the time value is 1 second, so for the gauge you may want to specify a minimum of 0 and maximum of 86399 to have a full day scale.

Thanks !

Tried it, have some questions:

* If i create some circular gauge for Time, (like analog watch face) - only way to do it is to represent this watch face as 24 hour ? (with one hand - like a parking meter ? :))

* Can hours, minutes and seconds be separated somehow ?

(12/24 hours, 60 min, 60 sec.) = much less steps on gauge. (I know, this would probably need three separate gauges for time)

On ‎2017‎. ‎05‎. ‎09‎. at 2:17 AM, ANUBIS said:

Thanks !

Tried it, have some questions:

* If i create some circular gauge for Time, (like analog watch face) - only way to do it is to represent this watch face as 24 hour ? (with one hand - like a parking meter ? :))

* Can hours, minutes and seconds be separated somehow ?

(12/24 hours, 60 min, 60 sec.) = much less steps on gauge. (I know, this would probably need three separate gauges for time)

1) Yes, the whole circle represents the 24 hours of a day, so on 6:00am it will show 25% "progress", and at 4:00pm it will show 66% "progress".

2) I don't think we'd want to go down that path.

But is there any way to make a gauge smooth - instead of using steps ? (for example circular or straight gauge with given range, that fills smoothly - like bars > but gauges)

On ‎2017‎. ‎05‎. ‎12‎. at 8:18 PM, ANUBIS said:

But is there any way to make a gauge smooth - instead of using steps ? (for example circular or straight gauge with given range, that fills smoothly - like bars > but gauges)

Only the Arc Gauge supports that, but that is only available with the RemoteSensor and Logitech Arx modules.

On ‎2017‎. ‎05‎. ‎18‎. at 6:54 PM, ANUBIS said:

Hmm, is it a big work to make this Arc Gauge available on OSD and LCD ?

Yes, because it would look bad with no anti-alias support :)